Mitochondrial changes in metabolic diseases

Mitochondrial changes in metabolic diseases  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does mitochondrial changes in metabolic diseases have both positive and negative impact?

• only positive impact
    • only negative impact
    • both positive and negative impact

Hello, you researchers and scientists😊. I am working on a project in metabolic diseases, and my focus is on mitochondrial changes during the pathological process. 

Mitochondria are the cellular energy-producing organelles and are at the crossroad of determining cell life and death. As such, the function of mitochondria has been intensely studied in metabolic disorders, including diabetes and associated maladies commonly grouped under all-inclusive pathological condition of metabolic syndrome. More recently, the altered metabolic profiles and function of mitochondria in these ailments have been correlated with their aberrant morphologies.

Here are my questions:

• What are kinds of diseases related to mitochondrial morphology?
  • What is the specific changing process of mitochondria toward specific metabolic syndrome?
  • Does mitochondrial changes in metabolic diseases have both positive and negative impact?