COVID-19 : only around 1 in 4 feel fully recovered after 1 year

beecee

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-04-patients-hospitalization-covid-fully-recovered.html

Study of 2,000 patients after hospitalization with COVID-19 shows only around 1 in 4 feel fully recovered after 1 year

by European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases

A new UK study of more than 2,000 patients after hospitalization with COVID-19 presented at this year's European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases (ECCMID 2022, Lisbon 23-26), and published in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine shows that, one year after having COVID-19, only around one in four patients feel fully well again. The study is led by Professor Christopher Brightling, Dr. Rachael Evans, and Professor Louise Wain, National Institute for Health Research Leicester Biomedical Research Center, University of Leicester, UK and colleagues.

more at link.....................

Supplementary:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-04-cases-covid-abnormally-suppressed-immune.html

Some cases of long COVID-19 may be caused by an abnormally suppressed immune system:

A UCLA-led team of researchers studying the effect of the monoclonal antibody Leronlimab on long COVID-19 may have found a surprising clue to the baffling syndrome, one that contradicts their initial hypothesis. An abnormally suppressed immune system may be to blame, not a persistently hyperactive one as they had suspected.

more at link....................

I tested positive ( PCR ) for the original strain April 16th of last year.
I got over it just about one year ago, and, you know, I don't feel quite the same yet.

I feel like I've aged about a year.
( but my sense of humor has improved 😄 )

8 minutes ago, MigL said:

( but my sense of humor has improved 😄 )

So I got some bad news for you there... ;)

But in earnest, studies are only starting to look at the non catastrophic events (e.g. long-COVID, changes in immune responses etc) and it will take a while to figure out the overall health burden of the pandemic.

• 2 weeks later...

Pessimist: What doesn't kill you, just weakens you for Nature's next attack.

Optimist: As the end product of 3.5 billion years of evolution it will take more than a few spiky buggers to kill us off.

Realist: That chap Putin seems to have more nukes than brain cells. Not ideal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.