Haplogroups - identifying a small area /people in west central Africa that have European/MiddleEastern haplogroup

arlesterc

Hello.

At about 4:53 in this  video -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QdtwRJdVsM there is a map of the world with major haplogroups.  A lot of Europe and Middle East is in red.  Africa is mostly green.  However there is an island of red a little above the middle of Africa and a little west of center surrounded entirely by green. 

What is that area?  Which countries and peoples belong in that chunk? 

What is the connection between that chunk and the red areas in Europe and the mid-east? 

What are the actual haplogroups, haplotypes represented in the red chunk?

Any time taken to respond is appreciated in advance.

P.S. I did post the author on Youtube but did not hear back so I posted here.

3 hours ago, arlesterc said:

Hello.

At about 4:53 in this  video -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QdtwRJdVsM there is a map of the world with major haplogroups.  A lot of Europe and Middle East is in red.  Africa is mostly green.  However there is an island of red a little above the middle of Africa and a little west of center surrounded entirely by green. 

What is that area?  Which countries and peoples belong in that chunk? 

What is the connection between that chunk and the red areas in Europe and the mid-east? 

Any time taken to respond is appreciated in advance.

P.S. I did post the author on Youtube but did not hear back so I posted here.

The red area seems to be around the borders of Northern Nigeria, Niger and Chad. In terms of modern culture, I think this more or less where the Christian areas change to Muslim areas, as one goes North, but I don't know what peoples they actually are.

(As usual I find the video tedious and a poor source of information: I'd far rather read something about this in print.)  

11 hours ago, arlesterc said:

Migration from Africa to the Middle East, and then migration from there to Europe. There are several haplogroups, both Y-DNA and mt-DNA lines which moved in this way through the ME.

A good online text source, even Wikipedia, would be better than this video.  

Alexander Hamilton, Sting, and I share the I-M253 haplogroup, which is most prevalent among Swedish males.  (Hamilton's haplogroup was inferred from descendant testing). My grandfather, Oskar, was one of those Swedes,  who came from the county in which I-M253 is most prevalent. 

Edited by TheVat
Missing word