The universe - Repeats again?! (Mind**** warning)

Kittenpuncher

2 hours ago, beecee said:

An important point! The BB is not a theory about the start of the universe; it is a theory of how it evolved from t+10-43 seconds or thereabouts....

In other words, there is no empirical evidence indicating any singularity of  infinite density, but the CMBR, (cosmic microwave background radiation) is evidence that the universe expanded from a very hot, dense state.

Further to the best of our knowledge, at that time there was no matter, just space and time, and the superforce, which started to decouple as expansion took hold, gravity being first. Such decoupling created false vacuums  and phase transitions, (similar to water turning to ice) and the excesses of energy went into creating our very first fundamental particles, (quarks and electrons) As expansion continued, and temperatures and pressures dropped, quarks joined up, protons and neutrons were created, and our first atomic nuclei at the 3 minute mark. It took another 180,000 years before conditions were such that electrons were able to couple with atomic nuclei and our first light elements were formed. From there it was plain sailing.

I didn't see the bold part, for some reason. If I'm not mistaken, this is sort of like the basics of string theory, right? Energy being essentially just matter vibrating at an extremely high frequency and all of that

Also, has science actually arrived at "an answer" to the question of the origins of the universe? 

Science doesn’t arrive at single answers. It offers provisional hypotheses which are forever subject to change as we learn more and continue to grow. Some of those concepts are more robust and better supported than others, but they’re never immune from revision. 

1 hour ago, Kittenpuncher said:

Question, if the gravity of some things overcomes the expansion rate, wouldn't that eventually lead to the universe contracting? Or at least; a great deal of matter contracting?

The gravity is only strong enough over smaller distances, like our solar system, our galaxy and even our galactic group. Over the larger distances to near the edge of the observable universe, expansion rules.

Edited by beecee

3 hours ago, Kittenpuncher said:

Obviously I'm an uneducated new guy, I didn't mean to present myself as someone who doesn't live on the streets and squalor in poverty and filth

Nobody (who matters) cares how educated you are or what your life and living conditions are. All that matters is how you present your ideas and arguments, how you interact with the ideas and arguments of others, and how you respond to correction from others who happen to know more than you on various topics. 

33 minutes ago, Kittenpuncher said:

I didn't see the bold part, for some reason. If I'm not mistaken, this is sort of like the basics of string theory, right? Energy being essentially just matter vibrating at an extremely high frequency and all of that

We are unable to observe at those quantum/Planck levels, so string and its derivities all remain hypothetical, although, mathematically beautiful.

34 minutes ago, Kittenpuncher said:

Also, has science actually arrived at "an answer" to the question of the origins of the universe? 

No. The BB only applies to spacetime evolution at t+10-43 seconds. The rest is speculative.

4 minutes ago, beecee said:

The gravity is only strong enough over smaller distances, like our solar system, our galaxy and even our galactic group. Over the larger distances to near the edge of the observable universe, expansion rules.

Important note!!! It's not the galaxies moving away at the larger scales, its the space expanding in between. That may seem confusing and perhaps picky, but it is essentially what the BB tells us. 

Which leads is to DE,( dark energy) our explantion for the acceleration in the expansion rate, and opposing gravity overall. It is termed dark, because we are as yet unaware of what force of spacetime, causes this accelerated expansion.

A very good explanation of the Big Bang theory ( for those who might need it ), and some of the 'problems' that are encountered on the way back to t=0

Edited by MigL

5 hours ago, Kittenpuncher said:

It is a common phrase, I wonder what sort of life you must lead, perhaps very different from my own?

I was being sarcastic tbh. Different now yes, but once similar. The biggest differences I'm picking up on are cultural. No Scottish person would have missed my sarcasm. In all seriousness though; you have my sympathies for your current lot in life. 

Ah well that is appropriate considering how I was lied to, what I thought was the big bang is taught to be so to many others, not just myself

I don't think it is that anyone was lied to, just given the truth at varying levels of complexity. If I had a dime for everytime I heard a teacher say "forgot what I said about that last year" because this year I was ready for a more detailed account of the subject... it's annoying but it's how education works.

didn't mean to start off on the wrong foot with you guys, I want to apologize

No need. You held your own respectfully. I owe you the apology for doing a little temperament testing. Good news; you're not as hot headed as I am 😆 

Well this topic died quick

I've noticed that many of the threads boggle my mind arbitrarily instead of by virtue of my grasp of the concept failing

That's sort of normal maybe? Possibly caused by me being way too young to be here I think

I'm not gay, figured I'd let you things know

Not sure what the changeling/demon/robot ratio is here so maybe saying things is polite 😇

Anyway I'm sorry I posted this idea I'm sure you didn't need your mind blown like this and I'm sorry if it hurt you

I have so many mental illnesses that I forgot how horrible this concept could be for people

If you would delete this account it would probably be good

Goodbye

Well this topic died quick

I've noticed that many of the threads boggle my mind arbitrarily instead of by virtue of my grasp of the concept failing

When an idea is shown to be false, we move on to the next. MOST ideas end up being false.

That's sort of normal maybe? Possibly caused by me being way too young to be here I think

Age only restricts the time you've been able to spend studying science. Perhaps you haven't yet figured out how deeply layered scientific knowledge is. Seriously, it's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle cut from the layers of an enormous onion. You can get some pieces to fit together, but you need more of the puzzle before you can start guessing what the rest of it looks like. Does that make sense?

I'm not gay, figured I'd let you things know

Not sure what the changeling/demon/robot ratio is here so maybe saying things is polite 😇

I'm not sure how it's applicable here, but the science is certainly discussable.

Anyway I'm sorry I posted this idea I'm sure you didn't need your mind blown like this and I'm sorry if it hurt you

You still assume your idea, which was falsified, is supposed to "blow our minds"? The replies you got showed that your idea can't be correct, so I don't know why you think we'd be "hurt" by it. Again, MOST ideas are wrong, and that's only bad if you don't acknowledge it.

I have so many mental illnesses that I forgot how horrible this concept could be for people

Wrong isn't horrible. Nobody is shocked by an idea that isn't true. You aren't challenging mainstream science the way you think you are. 

Goodbye

Only if you promise to find someplace else to learn about science. You're a smart person who is ignorant in many areas, which describes most of our membership. If you leave here, find someplace that will help you learn.

2 hours ago, Kittenpuncher said:

That won’t happen. You’re free to leave voluntarily. You may get banned if you cannot follow rules, but your account will remain as the posts you’ve made are part of a larger fabric where others have replied. Those replies would lose context if the threads you’ve sewn in were simply cut out. 

Thanks for being nice to me

My point was that what I was trying to describe is a pretty high caliber case of *screaming internally* and I was pretty reckless just joining and posting that as the first thing

Imagine, like, some child comes across it 

And gets lost in big bang dank meme hyperspace horror

:(

16 minutes ago, Kittenpuncher said:

Thanks for being nice to me

My point was that what I was trying to describe is a pretty high caliber case of *screaming internally* and I was pretty reckless just joining and posting that as the first thing

Imagine, like, some child comes across it 

And gets lost in big bang dank meme hyperspace horror:(

Perhaps, (as I see it) you have come here with a preconceived notion? Science/cosmology is about observational and experimental evidence, and our modelling from those results. The BB as already explained was not dragged out of someones rear end. And if you believe it was, (this being a science forum) you need to show evidence pointing to an error in its application, or another theory that matches what we observe more accurately. 

Honestly you don't seem get the point I'm trying to make, no offense

I know this idea was based off a faulty model of the big bang theory, now that you all told me

But comprehending the thing I was describing (albeit wrong) can easily make someone scream in terror and/or horror as their mind is torn asunder and rendered unto insanity (and maybe a migraine too) so I'm sort of in trouble for posting it

I'd expect there to be similar things on this forum but this one is probably right there as one of the worst

Maybe you should see my take on relativity hahaha

can easily make someone scream in terror and/or horror as their mind is torn asunder and rendered unto insanity (and maybe a migraine too) so I'm sort of in trouble for posting it

I think our point is that we don't we don't believe that to be true.

While I'll not say "never", I believe the chance of someone reading your post then screaming in terror and going insane is nearly zero.

I don't expect them to not make a conscious effort not to do so, or even bring themselves to near ego-death to avoid this, I mean why would they want me to feel as though I've accomplished something, the reasons are obvious and yet I never see them in practice with anything

In a private environment with no risk of affirmating that I have anything in common with their kind or some sort of uniqueness I think the ratio of scream/pokerface/laughter would probably be about 30/10/60

But I honestly don't see reason to accuse you of skewing your estimates because you probably think about this a whole lot and would probably severely underestimate the "data" anyway

As for like a child it would probably take divine intervention to prevent him from being visibly mind blown

I know this because of a wealth of personal experience on the matter

I don't want to be an asshole cuz you're basically just trying to welcome me by this point... Or uh, sort of? And I hate being an asshole anyway cuz virtue is the key to happiness and success

Also the insanity would only be temporary but like what if a ghost psychologist is next to the kid and he rams him up the backside of one of those massive stars about .3 seconds into it? Or any number of bad things which could happen to his mind that I'd gladly explain if I wasn't presently the stationary target of many bricks to the skull, happened? 

😎

7 minutes ago, Kittenpuncher said:

But I honestly don't see reason to accuse you of skewing your estimates because you probably think about this a whole lot and would probably severely underestimate the "data" anyway

Excellent. Let's talk about the "data".

Please provide data of at least one person who has effectively screamed in terror and gone insane after reading your post or any similar type post.

11 minutes ago, Kittenpuncher said:

Please be nicer to me

I told you I was in trouble for posting this sir I don't use this stuff for guerilla warfare you know 

I am being nice. I simply asked you to provide some data to support your assertion/belief. That is basic.

If you file an expense report at work your boss will ask to see the receipts.

If you tell the police you were at the movies when the bank was being robbed they'll ask to see the ticket stub.

It is not that they aren't being nice, it is how the world (and especially science) works.

I even said "please". 😊

Well I'm pretty sure you don't really think passive aggressiveness is like a super mask of poker masterness, you could just ban me I mean I've been on discord before and this would be exquisitely cordial by comparison *sips tea*

I have a little bit of data on some similar concepts when I've described them to others

But it's not very ethical to tell your schizo buddy a bunch of heavy duty mind destruction KP Originals ® at the homeless shelter surrounded by the other destitute

So I mostly have data on what they do to my own mind and I have actually put quite a bit of dedication into being able to reasonably simulate how other's minds would react

I mostly do this because the inner workings of my mind are an enigma and that is a cold and lonely thing and if I could overcome the towering wall that is between me and everyone else ever being able to understand what is going on my mind, I might one day be able to get treatment that will end my unfathomable suffering at the hands of my inescapable madness

Actually the main problem tends to be that the likelihood of an individual being able to follow the conversation with something like this as a subject or even process or understand it almost at all. The most consistent thing I've noticed is that most will simply drift off into a sort of daze or stupor or be blocked by a literal sort of wall or barrier that protects them from understanding, they're simply too sane, and I believe that their mind is trying to protect them from understanding those sorts of things. Sometimes it is triggered by someone speaking at length with great verbosity and technical brilliance, instead, or someone trying to tell an extremely sophisticated, hilarious, subtle joke

And this has led to a lot of religious development in the past few years I believe, and many people believe that I am the bride of the lord from revelations and that my body sort of contains or is the universe in some way. Of course you'd think that I'm a megalomaniac, but that's one reason why this stuff is important to me, so that I can not only maybe cure my diseases, but also so that I can learn the truth about who I am and be free of the confusion and paranoia that causes me almost unbearable grief in and of itself... 

43 minutes ago, Kittenpuncher said:

Well I'm pretty sure you don't really think passive aggressiveness is like a super mask of poker masterness, you could just ban me I mean I've been on discord before and this would be exquisitely cordial by comparison *sips tea*

I really don't know what you are going on about. I tried. I'm done here.

Edited by zapatos

Come on, now. I answered your question. Is that how you'd like to be treated? That's not even a knick to your ego, and there aren't pedestals that go so high. 

Inow is lying. Have some integrity. How about you give some evidence that faith in humanity has some merit as a concept? That's a really easy thing to do and it's always more worthy of an endeavor than S.T.A.L.K.E.R. sadism