Will humans evolve into robots?

CarlDarwin

2 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

If there's enough time, probably cybermen. Though that's not strictly an evolutionary process so much as an upgrade.

The good news is, there probably isn't enough time left.

Why is that good news?  Why do you believe we don't have enough time? 

2 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

They don't look happy.

They may also think you look anything else but happy.

3 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

It does. Maybe you just haven't looked.

Tell me anyway, if you can.

21 minutes ago, beecee said:

They may also think you look anything else but happy.

Cybermen are incapable of happiness.  They think only about destruction. They take orders from evil megalomaniacs. 

21 minutes ago, beecee said:

Tell me anyway, if you can.

The icecaps are melting; the coastlines are eroding; islands are submerging; forests and grasslands are burning. Previously arable lands are becoming deserts or swamps; villages and mansions are crumbling off the edge of cliffs. The seventh wave of a pandemic against which even three vaccines are only partly effective is on its way across a world in which conservative governments demand an end to all restrictions and their crazy supporters pelt nurses with bottles; health-care workers who have not yet died or burned out are quitting - which is okay, since the hospitals are running out of beds, equipment and supplies. Half the nations in the world are facing economic crises - and the only way to escape it is to ramp up industry with all its toxic waste, which will make a lot more people sick and exacerbate the climate problem. There are 26.4 million refugees, 48.0 million internally displaced people and 4.1 million asylum-seekers - whom many of the so-far stable nations are interning or turning away - and that's just the humans. Flying insects, including most pollinators, have declined by 76+%, and thousands of other species are going extincts every week. In case it's not burning fast enough enough by itself, humans are destroying the Amazon rainforest. A weak and poorly supported president is holding the world's most powerful country together with scotch tape and prayer and a mad Russian who may already be poisoned by his friends and thus have nothing to lose is contemplating the deployment of tactical nuclear weapons to win an argument.  

Aside from that, everything is hunky-dory and we're on track to a brilliant future.

Edited by Peterkin

27 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

Cybermen are incapable of happiness.  They think only about destruction. They take orders from evil megalomaniacs. 

How do you know that? Can we have some reference please?

The icecaps are melting; the coastlines are eroding; islands are submerging; forests and grasslands are burning. Previously arable lands are becoming deserts or swamps; villages and mansions are crumbling off the edge of cliffs. The seventh wave of a pandemic against which even three vaccines are only partly effective is on its way across a world in which conservative governments demand an end to all restrictions and their crazy supporters pelt nurses with bottles; health-care workers who have not yet died or burned out are quitting - which is okay, since the hospitals are running out of beds, equipment and supplies. Half the nations in the world are facing economic crises - and the only way to escape it is to ramp up industry with all its toxic waste, which will make a lot more people sick and exacerbate the climate problem. There are 26.4 million refugees, 48.0 million internally displaced people and 4.1 million asylum-seekers - whom many of the so-far stable nations are interning or turning away - and that's just the humans. Flying insects, including most pollinators, have declined by 76+%, and thousands of other species are going extincts every week. In case it's not burning fast enough enough by itself, humans are destroying the Amazon rainforest. 

I am aware of all that, and have posted many articles supporting those observations. Strange I can't remember you commenting on them though. On the plus side though, we have plenty of scientific satellites, giving us overall views of land and agriculture, and we also have collection agencies where I am and in which I am actively participating, in gathering plastc bottles before they reach our waterways. I have also which adds to my knowledge on such disasters, been with the NSW SES, (state emergency service) and actually fought bushfires. I still hold out hope though, that such practical actions of more of society can help reduce and/or lessen the climate change impact, which I hope you know, that while certainly contributed to by man and society, is also part and parcel of the earthly cycles. 

A weak and poorly supported president is holding the world's most powerful country together with scotch tape and prayer and a mad Russian who may already be poisoned by his friends and thus have nothing to lose is contemplating the deployment of tactical nuclear weapons to win an argument.  

Yes, that is tragic and evil, and I sincerely hope that Russian society in general can take this arsehole out, even by an assination. That would be morally the correct thing to do, if all else fails, to stop him starting a world war. 

Aside from that, everything is hunky-dory and we're on track to a brilliant future.

In summing up, on all counts, we certainly need more action then simple rhetoric on a science forum.

Edited by beecee

2 hours ago, Peterkin said:

A weak and poorly supported president is holding the world's most powerful country together with scotch tape and prayer and a mad Russian who may already be poisoned by his friends and thus have nothing to lose is contemplating the deployment of tactical nuclear weapons to win an argument..

2 hours ago, beecee said:

Yes, that is tragic and evil, and I sincerely hope that Russian society in general can take this arsehole out, even by an assination. That would be morally the correct thing to do, if all else fails, to stop him starting a world war. 

That someone eventually takes him out, is of course, as ethically morally correct as is resorting to torture on some terrorist orpaedophile, to save innocent lives when all else has failed, and which both you and I have agreed we would do and consider. 

Edited by beecee

10 minutes ago, beecee said:

That someone eventually takes him out, is of course, as ethically morally correct as is resorting to torture on some terrorist orpaedophile, to save innocent lives when all else has failed, and which both you and I have agreed we would do and consider. 

And this has to do with evolution.... what, exactly?

2 hours ago, beecee said:

How do you know that? Can we have some reference please?

If the link is insufficient, you may have to watch some Doctor Who episodes. I recommend Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of SteelArmy of Ghosts/Doomsday and Nightmare in Silver . If you're not a Doctor Who fan, it won't make any sense otherwise.  

3 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

And this has to do with evolution.... what, exactly?

Just commenting on your rhetoric here....

3 hours ago, Peterkin said:

The good news is, there probably isn't enough time left.

and I asked....

3 hours ago, beecee said:

Why is that good news?  Why do you believe we don't have enough time? 

which you then gave a long political statement at.....

3 hours ago, Peterkin said:

The icecaps are melting; the coastlines are eroding; islands are submerging; forests and grasslands are burning. Previously arable lands are becoming deserts or swamps; villages and mansions are crumbling off the edge of cliffs. The seventh wave of a pandemic against which even three vaccines are only partly effective is on its way across a world in which conservative governments demand an end to all restrictions and their crazy supporters pelt nurses with bottles; health-care workers who have not yet died or burned out are quitting - which is okay, since the hospitals are running out of beds, equipment and supplies. Half the nations in the world are facing economic crises - and the only way to escape it is to ramp up industry with all its toxic waste, which will make a lot more people sick and exacerbate the climate problem. There are 26.4 million refugees, 48.0 million internally displaced people and 4.1 million asylum-seekers - whom many of the so-far stable nations are interning or turning away - and that's just the humans. Flying insects, including most pollinators, have declined by 76+%, and thousands of other species are going extincts every week. In case it's not burning fast enough enough by itself, humans are destroying the Amazon rainforest. A weak and poorly supported president is holding the world's most powerful country together with scotch tape and prayer and a mad Russian who may already be poisoned by his friends and thus have nothing to lose is contemplating the deployment of tactical nuclear weapons to win an argument.  

and I commented on that as per the rest of the posts....why? You need to change your post?

My own answer, is of course, no we won't evolve into robots or cyber beings at all, but as per the other thread, at 

, as discussed by Stephen Hawking, we probably in all likleyhood, will evolve over the millenia, to best suit space exploration, as that endeavour continues to take off.

see the White House millenium speech I linked to.

46 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

If the link is insufficient, you may have to watch some Doctor Who episodes. I recommend Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of SteelArmy of Ghosts/Doomsday and Nightmare in Silver . If you're not a Doctor Who fan, it won't make any sense otherwise.  

So nothing reputable at all? I thought so.

1 hour ago, beecee said:

Just commenting on your rhetoric here....

Oh, the one you asked for? I see. 

1 hour ago, beecee said:

So nothing reputable at all?

Reputable? Doctor Who is way more influential than Mr. Spock! The reference was a joke.

And that's the last time.

Edited by Peterkin

1 hour ago, Peterkin said:

Reputable? Doctor Who is way more influential than Mr. Spock! The reference was a joke.

1 hour ago, Peterkin said:

Mr Spock was an example, albeit fictitious one to show how in general, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, as any westernised democratic society would understand. 

What's the last time? I asked you two original philosophical questions, and expected reasonable answers....."Why is that good news?  Why do you believe we don't have enough time?" I don't believe either were answered with any sincerity. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.