offtopic racial trolling split from the Ukraine War thread

Dropship

On 3/13/2022 at 12:00 PM, J.C.MacSwell said:

...Why would they have joined NATO? I wonder why they didn't join Putin?

Ukrainians have always generally felt distanced from Russia, especially in the west of Ukraine where the majority don't even speak Russian.

But in the Donbas separatist area in the east (and in Crimea), over half speak Russian and like Putin.

I think Vlad has bitten off more than he can chew by trying to conquer the whole of Ukraine instead of simply occupying Donbas where he'd have been welcomed..:)

Ukr-crim-donbas.png

On 3/13/2022 at 2:50 PM, geordief said:

Which side has the upper hand in the military  intelligence/cyber warfare battle that I assume is going on or being prepared in the background.

I understand that Russia  has very good capability  but would be surprised and disappointed if Nato did not have a clear level of superiority  if called for.

Stalin purged out many "intellectuals" from the gene pool, so todays Russians are generally lacking in high-tech brainpower and their military hardware is therefore cruder than the Wests.

A Soviet general once hinted that was a good thing when he said something like- "The American serviceman relies too much on sensitive temperamental electronics" 

---------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of sensitive electronics, the electromagnetic pulse from the USA's 'Starfish Prime' nuclear test in 1962 blew out some streetlights etc in Hawaii 900 miles away! (pic below)

So if Putin decides to go nuclear he could use special  EMP-nuke airbursts which have a small blast but a massive EMP footprint to fry NATO's electronics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfish_Prime

StarfishPrime1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below: This clip from 'The Day After' illustrates the effect of a Soviet EMP airburst on electrics; pick up the blast at 3:26-

Edited by Dropship

47 minutes ago, Dropship said:

Stalin purged out many "intellectuals" from the gene pool, so todays Russians are generally lacking in high-tech brainpower

You have some evidence for that or is it a willingness on your part to disparage the Russians?

(I don't mean that Stalin didn't  purge intellectuals,but that "gene pool" language sounds racist  to my ears)

8 minutes ago, geordief said:

You have some evidence for that or is it a willingness on your part to disparage the Russians?

(I don't mean that Stalin didn't  purge intellectuals,but that "gene pool" language sounds racist  to my ears)

I like Russians generally, I get on great with them in military/political discussion forums..:)

Sadly, the great Russian people were lumbered with the psycho Stalin for many years, and now even Putin is showing symptoms of paranoia.

Vlad probably feels jittery because Russia's border with 16 countries is 12,500 miles long; Hitler probably suffered the same symptoms because he felt hemmed in too-

russ_borders-16-countrs-12500miles499.jpg.45fabe82ad0f084eaff9653a4aeca376.jpg

Edited by Dropship

8 minutes ago, Dropship said:

I like Russians generally, I get on great with them in military/political discussion forums..:)

Sadly, the great Russian people were lumbered with the psycho Stalin for many years, and now even Putin is showing symptoms of paranoia.

Vlad probably feels jittery because Russia's border with 16 countries is 12,500 miles long; Hitler probably suffered the same symptoms because he felt hemmed in too-

russ_borders-16-countrs-12500miles499.jpg.45fabe82ad0f084eaff9653a4aeca376.jpg

So racism just comes naturally  to you?

18 minutes ago, Dropship said:

Incidentally I'm English, what nationality are you?

I hope you've got nothing against the English race..;)

Very incidental.I am ignoring you from here on in and  hopefully this thread can continue  on topic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.