The 'Superscience' of the Bible

Dropship

As somebody with a scientific background, the Bible fascinates me because it contains the full range of all kinds of paranormal phenomena and close encounters with offworld beings etc.

For example- 

“There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.” (Genesis 6:4)

rel-Giants34.jpg

And we could speculate that modern truthseekers are descended from that ancient bloodline, not afraid to stand tall among the masses..:)-

giants-2.jpg

Edited by Dropship

3 minutes ago, Dropship said:

As somebody with a scientific background, the Bible fascinates me because it contains the full range of all kinds of paranormal phenomena and close encounters with offworld beings etc.

Seems like a science background would tend to make the paranormal irrelevant.

34 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

Seems like a science background would tend to make the paranormal irrelevant.

But what if the paranormal is a science that we know zilch about?..:)

11 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

Show me skeletons, not quotes from old books.

Ancient alien giants interbreeding with human women would have been too painful and impossible for the women, so we could speculate that the giants were normal sized like humans, and that the word "giant" therefore refers not to their physical size but to their intellectual brainpower.

Their purpose for mating with humans was therefore to improve the human gene pool by giving it an intelligence boost.

Edited by Dropship

10 minutes ago, Dropship said:

Ancient alien giants interbreeding with human women would have been too painful and impossible for the women, so we could speculate that the giants were normal sized like humans, and that the word "giant" therefore refers not to their physical size but to their intellectual brainpower.

Their purpose for mating with humans was therefore to improve the human gene pool by giving it an intelligence boost.

Or the more rational explanation, which is that these are just myths

47 minutes ago, Dropship said:

As somebody with a scientific background,

To date, we see no evidence of this. Science is only interested in describing the natural world. The supernatural can't be measured, predicted, or observed, so science is the wrong tool. Your conclusions in this instance don't seem to follow a methodology "somebody with a scientific background" would ever use.

6 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

To date, we see no evidence of this. Science is only interested in describing the natural world. The supernatural can't be measured, predicted, or observed, so science is the wrong tool. Your conclusions in this instance don't seem to follow a methodology "somebody with a scientific background" would ever use.

Yes the supernatural is beyond our 5 senses and therefore can't be pinned down, that's why most scientists feel uncomfortable with it..:)

But it's fun to think outside the box by speculating and theorising, for example-

ALIEN VISITOR? - Jesus said "I am not of this world" (John 8:23)
MOTHERSHIP? -"Praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above,
whose power is in the skies." (Psalm 68:33-34)
RADIATION SHIELDING?- God said "When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by" (Exodus 33:22)
GENESIS PROJECT?  -"God made the worlds.." (Hebrews 11:3 KJV)
ORBITAL TRAJECTORY? - "God sits on the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22)
WARP DRIVE? - "God rides upon a swift cloud" (Isaiah 19:1)
CLOAKING DEVICE? - "God goes by me but I see him not" (Job 9:10)
TIME DILATION? - "With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Peter 3:8)
SCOUT SHIP?- "I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north, the center of the fire looked like glowing metal" (Ezekiel 1:4)

STARGATE?- Jesus said - "Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."(Matt 7:13)

BADASS 'ANGEL'?-  "And God sent an angel to destroy Jerusalem...David looked up and saw the angel of the Lord standing between heaven and earth, with a drawn sword in his hand extended over Jerusalem" {1 Chron 21:15/16)

rel-dragonstar-space.gif

1 minute ago, Dropship said:

Yes the supernatural is beyond our 5 senses and therefore can't be pinned down, that's why most scientists feel uncomfortable with it..:

Uncomfortable is also a word a scientist wouldn't use in this instance. It has nothing to do with comfort.

Natural world, use science. If it's outside that, you simply can't apply science. It's like measuring the width of your driveway with a poem. It's pointless, inaccurate, and sloppy. Isn't your faith in your religion enough? Why warp the methodology to suit your beliefs?

3 hours ago, Dropship said:

The bible is not a book of science. End of story.

2 hours ago, Genady said:

Can this diarrhea be stopped?

Thinking along the same lines, but have always had difficulty spelling diarrhea correctly. 😉

8 hours ago, Dropship said:

But what if the paranormal is a science that we know zilch about?..:)

!

Moderator Note

This is not the place to be advancing this thesis. That’s for speculations, and would have to follow the rules of that section.

Paranormal is not mainstream science, and this farce is ended. Don’t introduce this again.