The "rational" foundations of religion?

deepend

On 3/6/2022 at 12:40 AM, deepend said:

..You can go on and on about why religions exist.  But then the fact that they are nonsense gets buried in the mountains of pointless debate..

Nonsense??

Scientists estimate there are thousands of intelligent civilisations in the universe, and as Jesus said "I am not of this world", we could open-mindedly speculate that he was simply an alien visitor..:)

alien-life.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus said- "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....you are of this world, I am not of this world...though you do not believe me, believe the miracles...I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (John 8:14/ 8:23/10:38/Matt 13:35)

Hey Spock, will you listen to JC?

"Affirmative, I'm all ears"

Spock-ears.jpg

Edited by Dropship

11 minutes ago, Dropship said:

Scientists estimate there are thousands of intelligent civilisations in the universe

That of course is speculation.  There is only one planet in the universe that we know has intelligent life.  There is only 1 planet where we know of ANY life occurring.

13 minutes ago, Dropship said:

and as Jesus said "I am not of this world", we could open-mindedly speculate that he was simply an alien visitor

You can speculate anything you want.  You can speculate that the whole story of Jesus was just made up, or that he was a magic pelican that could transform himself into a human or that he is God.

26 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

That of course is speculation.  There is only one planet in the universe that we know has intelligent life.  There is only 1 planet where we know of ANY life occurring.

You can speculate anything you want.  You can speculate that the whole story of Jesus was just made up, or that he was a magic pelican that could transform himself into a human or that he is God.

Like I've said, speculating is FUN..:)

As for Jesus being God, he made it quite clear that he wasn't God, yet amazingly many "christians" say he was God, so it's the naughty step for them for calling him a fibber.

Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
Jesus said  - "I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered, “No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)

God himself said  - "This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matt 17:5)
And the people realised- "There is one mediator between God and men- the man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5)

And Jesus often prayed to God, but if he was God why would he pray to himself?..:)

Edited by Dropship