Jesus and Muhammed, same person?

Jalopy

Jesus lived in 00.00 AD. Muhammed came forth a few centuries later. 

How, you ask, could one person be two people, especially when Muhammed was born 400 years later? For your theory incorporates the stupendously maniacal idea that Jesus could have lived past the age of 400 years. 

Ah, but thats just what I am saying. The fellow was an immortal remmeber?  

So Jesus the immortal lived on for how long? Who knows? 

but if he was an immortal, then chances are he went upon the middle east 400 years after his original name of jesus, under a new name muhammed he created islam. 

Edited by Jalopy

Just now, iNow said:

Good lord. It's no wonder religiosity is so inversely proportional to educational attainment. 

but in a previous thread, i explained just how jesus may have attained immortality, an artificial form of life, via lightning that entereed his nervous system on the cross, through the nails in his hands. 

Just now, Jalopy said:

but in a previous thread, i explained just how jesus may have attained immortality

Yep, and that argument was specious, unfounded, and plainly wrong, too. 

1 minute ago, Jalopy said:

via lightning that entereed his nervous system on the cross, through the nails in his hands

Lol. You should worship Frankenstein, not Jesus or Mo

12 minutes ago, Jalopy said:

Jesus lived in 00.00 AD. Muhammed came forth a few centuries later. 

How, you ask, could one person be two people, especially when Muhammed was born 400 years later? For your theory incorporates the stupendously maniacal idea that Jesus could have lived past the age of 400 years. 

Maybe, they were two people that had the same idea; idea's are immortal, not people...

24 minutes ago, Jalopy said:

For your theory incorporates the stupendously maniacal idea that Jesus could have lived past the age of 400 years. 

!

Moderator Note

We don't need ideas from maniacs. We need supportive evidence, something more than your opinion, before we can discuss your ideas. Wishful thinking is NOT interesting enough for discussion, since anyone can make up anything they want, the way you're doing. We need ideas that are testable, that use reason and methodology to help us arrive at a hypothesis we can actually support. 

49 minutes ago, Jalopy said:

The fellow was an immortal remmeber?  

According to the story told about him, Jesus ascended to heaven, leaving behind a promise to return in 1000 years - not to skulk around pretending to be other people.

If he came back on schedule, he'd have been just in time to see the church of his sepulchre destroyed and Muslim empires spreading east, west and northward. Being an intelligent man, he  kept a low profile, moved to the south of France, bought an olive grove, got married and raised a family; died at the age of 82, peacefully in his grape arbour, surrounded by great-grandchildren. 

And then Dan Brown blundered in, found a couple of old scrolls and ran off with the whole wrong end of the stick.

Edited by Peterkin

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 3:23 PM, Peterkin said:

According to the story told about him, Jesus ascended to heaven, leaving behind a promise to return in 1000 years..

I can't find any mention of him saying that '1000 years' stuff in any Bible.

He did say "I'll be back", but only on judgement day (no date given) when he returns to rescue his mates (christians) from the apocalypse..:) 

PS- As for Mohammed, he's a corpse in a box somewhere but JC is not, spot the difference?

Edited by Dropship

• 1 month later...

no not the same person. but teachers of the same faith. monotheism ....the same as taught by Adam. noah. Abraham. moses. etc.  unfortunately the church voted for a trinity trigod at nicea 325ad and threw out 68 books from the Bible that taught monotheism of Jesus 

Tell you what. Why not taking it further still? Zoroaster didn't die, so he was immortal. He became Jesus, who became Mohammed. That works better, I think. Covers more history, and explains monotheism as a logical continuity.

IOW,

The funny thing about religious thinking is you can make up just about anything. It all seems to work in your mind, under the utterly permissive protocol of coming up with a convenient just-so story, which is what characterises religions of any kind.

On 3/11/2022 at 12:54 AM, Dropship said:

He did say "I'll be back", but only on judgement day (no date given) when he returns to rescue his mates (christians) from the apocalypse..:)

No, he/they said "there will be another profit" IOW someone else will understand what's written; when the time is right, "cometh the hour, cometh the person".

Edited by dimreepr

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 3:42 PM, iNow said:

via lightning that entereed his nervous system on the cross, through the nails in his hands

Lol. You should worship Frankenstein, not Jesus or Mo

In the novel, Victor Frankenstein was a SCIENTIST who resurrected his monster.. He (the scientist) was not struck by any lightning..

Edited by Sensei

40 minutes ago, iNow said:

Quite right. Appreciate the correction. He should worship Frankenstein’s monster then

Strictly speaking, it's the father who is worshipped, not the son or the prophet, who are mere conduits to the Creator's Mercy. 

2 hours ago, iNow said:

Quite right. Appreciate the correction. He should worship Frankenstein’s monster then

Wasn't the monster named Abby someone?

Edited by zapatos

2 hours ago, iNow said:

If Arnold Schwarzenegger is Frankenstein's monster, can Russel Brand play Jesus AND Muhammed? 

• 1 month later...

Hallo.

The last time, ‘Jul 1 swansont locked this topic, – under this subtopic, ‘Religion’ – a related discussion that was cutting, it was apparently cut short after the, in my opinion, misplaced presumed that its discussion had stepped outside its boundaries.

I’d like to give my views here, but the ack ack…

2 hours ago, Ni Mimi. said:

Hallo.

The last time, ‘Jul 1 swansont locked this topic, – under this subtopic, ‘Religion’ – a related discussion that was cutting, it was apparently cut short after the, in my opinion, misplaced presumed that its discussion had stepped outside its boundaries.

I’d like to give my views here, but the ack ack…

That thread was titled God is Real, and the OP didn't bother to support their claims. Neither did you, or anyone else who was arguing that God is Real. If your "views" are more of the same, it's not really what we're interested in discussing here. This is a science discussion forum with a section for discussing aspects of religion that can be objectively analyzed, and not so much your personal beliefs (unless you have some evidential support for those). But that's not the topic here.

• 6 months later...