Name the optical (eye) device

=RedDwarf=

I would like to know the name of the device used to examine the eyes and the retina such as used to check a diabetics eyes for changes. Photos/pictures can be taken. I will describe what they look like. They have a chin rest and eye piece which focuses on the eye and they have a lens to magnify. A person will sit in front of it and put their chin on the chin rest so that the operator can take the pictures of the retina.

I have searched and searched but cannot find the name of it. I have checked ophthalmology devices, companies selling such devices to opticians etc but have not found the name of it.

Can anyone name the item that I am thinking about?

[EDIT] Further searching turned up a slit-lamp (biomicroscope) which looks vaguely similar but not 100% identical because the one I am thinking about looked quite a lot larger, more sturdy and robust. The one that I remember had no digital camera and used a camera to take the picture but this was of the iris rather than the retina.

If anyone can name anything similar which I can check out it might help me identify the name of the device.