The Pope : Children and pets

JIMMY12345

Ask some teenagers who is one cool cat on the block. Some will include Pope Francis. He is a peoples Pope. He has at least 2 bicycles (gifted by a cycling champion and admirers) He resides in the modest Domus Sanctae Marthae. The more resplendent Apostolic Palace is empty. He quickly dispensed with the Hummer like papal limousine for a humbler Fiat. He of course Heads the Catholic church which does good works worldwide and is universally respected (as with other major religions). He has my vote.

He recently hit the headlines. He said its pure selfishness having no or just one child. Also adding childless couples should consider adopting. He criticised the easier option of pet adoption. This as Europe tracks a birth rate slowdown. To use his words facing a “demographic winter”.

My parents’ generation only needed one working parent. Now to keep a roof over their head you need two. One to pay the mortgage. One to pay the rent. Raising children is expensive but in itself not impossible. Losing one partners income is what makes it impossible. At least if you want the kids to have a quality life. With Robotics replacing many jobs. The future may not be easy.

In many countries children do not have access to 3 square meals, shelter love or education. I am guessing these children were foremost in his mind.

The Roman Catholic church does not allow married priests. What a mistake. With other faiths it leads to a deep appreciation of family life. Joys and tribulations.

If females apply to be priests “Non desole”. People look at their watches and hurriedly rush off. If this was a PLC the courts would be handing out million pound settlements based on gender discrimination.

Demographics is down. So is Church attendance and the number of priests and nuns. Addressing the above would help.

On top of a steep hill is a lonely tiny ancient church. Let me get the cycle clips and my bicycle. It is Sunday.

ps I was going to post under Religion than realised that forum is reserved for more critical examination. I think The lounge allows any topic.

It sounds more like preaching than opening of a discussion. What do you wish to discuss, exactly?

14 minutes ago, JIMMY12345 said:

Ask some teenagers who is one cool cat on the block. Some will include Pope Francis.

Two maybe. 😂