Is human language a result of our brain becoming 'digital'?

Genady

2 minutes ago, Genady said:

You emphasize that different languages have different ways to say the same thing.

I emphasize that different languages have different ways to say the same thing.

That's not a conceptual difference. That's a structural difference.

2 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

That's not a conceptual difference. That's a structural difference.

I call a concept behind the word 'glass' whatever experiences this word represents. There is no word in Russian that represents exactly the same experiences. What related words in Russian represent are not narrower or broader either. They overlap. 

I see that they need to say the same thing differently, because their components slice and dice the same outside world differently.

1 hour ago, Genady said:

I see that they need to say the same thing differently, because their components slice and dice the same outside world differently.

I don't understand slice and dice as applied to experience. The concept behind glass - if behind is the right word -  is the brilliant  idea of melting sand and reshaping it. Maybe 4000 years old, but now a wide-spread idea. 

People make glass the same ways in all countries. People use glass the same ways in all countries. People experience glass as drinking vessels, containers, corrective and magnifying lenses, light-porous window coverings, coffee table tops, picture protectors, church window decorations, trinkets and jewelry, paperweights and Christmas tree ornaments. In all countries. They talk about it in slightly different groupings or reference.

1 hour ago, Genady said:

There is no word in Russian that represents exactly the same experiences.

Drinking, storing liquids, seeing, decorating.... Sure they do. They have words for all of those experiences. Everyone has words for them.