Thank you, Sf(n)

I am a new member, but already have benefited significantly by the forums. Posting my questions and answering or replying to others, have helped me to clarify my thoughts, to get new insights, and in one case even to solve an old problem. Understandably and unavoidably, there is a lot of noise there. It is not too difficult to filter it out and to get a positive effect. Thank you to the members and to the moderators.

9 hours ago, Genady said:

I am a new member, but already have benefited significantly by the forums. Posting my questions and answering or replying to others, have helped me to clarify my thoughts, to get new insights, and in one case even to solve an old problem. Understandably and unavoidably, there is a lot of noise there. It is not too difficult to filter it out and to get a positive effect. Thank you to the members and to the moderators.

Yes welcome, you have shown yourself to be a cogent thinker in whatever is your discipline.

+1

12 hours ago, Genady said:

Understandably and unavoidably, there is a lot of noise there. It is not too difficult to filter it out and to get a positive effect.

The signal we're looking for is always buried in noise, and alone we can only sift through so much. Discussion helps a lot, and your contributions are welcome.

13 hours ago, Genady said:

I think you come across as a deep observer of Nature. When we've disagreed, it's always been constructive and enriching. So thank you too!

I could have posted a similar OP when I became active here last summer.  One of the best general science forums out there.  Glad you are here, Genady.  

And thanks to the mods here, who are a big factor in the quality of SFN.  

Thanking SFN is a little self-serving.
SFN is the membership, and all the various opinions/knowledge contribute to the experience here; even the Mods are simply members who have taken on ( much ) more responsibilities.

When you joined, followed the rules, and respectfully shared your opinions/knowledge with the rest of us, you made the Forum a richer experience for us all.