Why am I suddenly being pestered with adverts covering the bottom half of my screen ?

Update.

I got a X to 'close' in the top left corner of the latest one.

When I clicked close I got a Ads by Google notice replacing the original ad

When I clicked to 'not see this again' I got three questions as to why not

Can't see why they think I( am ever going to take an Expedia holiday or buy cushions for my non existant flat or other such rubbish.

8 hours ago, Cap'n Refsmmat said:

If you see this again, could you share a screenshot of the ad? I don't think we changed any ad settings, so we should check that nothing suspicious is happening.

Like this, I guess. PC, Windows 11, Edge.

2021-12-29.jpg.5892cd2cf45e429016c8d86917657aa1.jpg

10 hours ago, studiot said:

Update.

I got a X to 'close' in the top left corner of the latest one.

When I clicked close I got a Ads by Google notice replacing the original ad

When I clicked to 'not see this again' I got three questions as to why not

Can't see why they think I( am ever going to take an Expedia holiday or buy cushions for my non existant flat or other such rubbish.

Yes I get an ad strip at the bottom of the window (I'm on Apple Mac Safari). Irritatingly, many of the ads have a prominent rectangular button to click, at the right hand side, the same size and shape as the button you click to post a reply on the forum and positioned quite close to it. Obviously the hope is that you will accidentally click on their poxy ad by mistake. To add insult to injury, there is even one for essay writing (i.e, academic cheating) that comes round regularly!

I've got used to it though and manage to ignore it. And at least the bloody things don't flash or move.  

Thanks all for you input. SJ in particular I am not ignoring you, I just wanted to go to bed.

:)

Interestingly I don't get the problem on my trusty old Dell P4 optiplex with Windows XP, that I use for serious work.

Edited by studiot