What is going on with US news websites?

nec209

I have been reading about the omicron and cases going up very high in the UK and Europe and lock downs in some of those countries. So I wanted to see what the case count is in the US.  And I’m shocked that none of the news web site even CNN or Fox news are posting the case count like they where before.

It is almost like they want to keep people in the dark that there is title wave coming to not derail Christmas.

Any of the other news web site post daily covid case count in their country but the US stop posting this now it seems leading up to Christmas.

17 hours ago, iNow said:

This may be news to you, but it’s not new. The numbers you seek are easier obtained on google or Johns Hopkins 

I did. 

I typed USA covid cases in google search than tried U.S covid cases and got no hits. I even looked at the google news section and did search there.

The CNN, Bloomberg news, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Yahoo news,Reuters so on did not say. They where talking about covid they did not post the case count.

Well Johns Hopkins and some news web sites just posted the average case count not the case count by day like Europe news web sites are doing.

The US news web sites stop posting daily case count now it seems from what I can see leading up to Christmas.

Edited by nec209

29 minutes ago, nec209 said:

I typed USA covid cases in google search than tried U.S covid cases and got no hits.

We’re you connected to the internet when you did this? 

31 minutes ago, nec209 said:

The US news web sites stop posting daily case count now it seems from what I can see leading up to Christmas.

Even if they stopped posting them in May?

9 hours ago, iNow said:

We’re you connected to the internet when you did this? 

Even if they stopped posting them in May?

I did go to number of news websites and they are posting covid case average not case count by day.

The US news websites seem to have stop posting covid cases by day. They seem to be posting covid cases average only.

The news websites posting cases in Europe post covid cases by day not covid case average where it seems US news web sites are doing now in the US are posting cases in the US the covid case average only not daily covid count.

52 minutes ago, nec209 said:

I did go to number of news websites and they are posting covid case average not case count by day.

The US news websites seem to have stop posting covid cases by day. They seem to be posting covid cases average only.

The news websites posting cases in Europe post covid cases by day not covid case average where it seems US news web sites are doing now in the US are posting cases in the US the covid case average only not daily covid count.

Top Google hit for daily covid cases is the New York Times, and it gives a graph of daily cases, along with the 7-day average

4 hours ago, nec209 said:

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that not all news sites in the world do things the same way. It's almost like they act independently.

What Captain Renault said.  

And PEBKAC reminds me, when I did IT work back in the early nineties, we had a cat who liked to play with our desktop at home when we stepped away from it.  Things would be weird onscreen when you returned.  Though the cat had another name, I started calling him Pebkac.  And that caught on, and he was Pebkac for the rest of his mischief-filled life.