Do angels have wings ? Were they created with wings ? Or an illusion people saw ?

Arikel88

Very informative video about Michaelangelo. From what I learned growing up Angels arent really depicted in the Bible as having wings, they are spirit messengers who can appear as people as well as other forms. Its only in Art that they have wings. It also could be that Michaelangelo knew this and wanted to be authentic. When He started drawing wings on them it correlated to when he fell in love and it makes sense his meaning for them was more pagan symbolizing Cupid.

12 hours ago, NinjaFeels said:

Very informative video about Michaelangelo. From what I learned growing up Angels arent really depicted in the Bible as having wings, they are spirit messengers who can appear as people as well as other forms. Its only in Art that they have wings. It also could be that Michaelangelo knew this and wanted to be authentic. When He started drawing wings on them it correlated to when he fell in love and it makes sense his meaning for them was more pagan symbolizing Cupid.

You don't need art, if the message is clear...

We'll always need stories to cut through the haze of meaning, and the closer the story/art is to my culture, the more likely I'm able to understand. 

In my culure, nurse's are angel's and they just have a uniform...

2 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

Maybe you don't need art; most of us do. Which message is ever clear?

Be nice even if they're an enemy (the good Samaritan, et al), is the best I can come up with right now...

It's actually not that complicated, if we could only recognise the bias of a lifetime...

4 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Be nice even if they're an enemy (the good Samaritan, et al), is the best I can come up with right now...

It's actually not that complicated, if we could only recognise the bias of a lifetime...

You dont “need” it but its a huge influencer on the majority of the people who are not educated on the message because of their own belief system. And art hold no religious affiliation anyway. Anyone can appreciate it and form an opinion from it. In this case people can be influenced into believing that angels have wings and god is a man in the sky, which none of it for example comes from the bible.. however Thats generally peoples arguement for not believing in religion lol. Just in case .. I will emphasize The word generally, I know there are exceptions. This is to prove a point that its not black and white.

17 hours ago, NinjaFeels said:

You dont “need” it but its a huge influencer on the majority of the people who are not educated on the message because of their own belief system. And art hold no religious affiliation anyway. Anyone can appreciate it and form an opinion from it. In this case people can be influenced into believing that angels have wings and god is a man in the sky, which none of it for example comes from the bible.. however Thats generally peoples arguement for not believing in religion lol. Just in case .. I will emphasize The word generally, I know there are exceptions. This is to prove a point that its not black and white.

Maybe this thread will be of interest too you... 

Feel free to comment.

Angels do exist and are for service of the lord the promblem has been our eyes we believe everything we see with our eyes is real but we know that infrared vision, x-ray vision, and other visions exist and they see the supernatural. Surely if we saw angels back in those days with advance technology we will see they aura and see they have more features and see their real nature.

Perhaps the eyes are more than we think they are ? Or the faces of cherubs are different minds and not one sole being ?

Or The Hayat Ha Kadosh are Archangels are the leading head of the heirarchy of tha angels and A lot misconception to their nature denies us the truth. For some scholars the truth is that they and thier war against demons is not our business we must not stand in the way. The truth will come and humans with science will shows that they exist and their is documented footage of men that go into small building that go in and A light appears and they vanish. Some say that they were footage that was altered but some say they were angels. That are among us, others say they were greys, demons posing as angels, or another paranormal activity.

Hebrews 13:2 KJV

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

There are varied species of angels and perhaps there are more than we know about ? Also A Happy New Year to you all !!!

Ninja feel you are new ? Haven't seen seen you before the short time i've been here by the way already checked the other users.

Edited by Arikel88

11 hours ago, Arikel88 said:

Angels do exist and are for service of the lord the promblem has been our eyes we believe everything we see with our eyes is real but we know that infrared vision, x-ray vision, and other visions exist and they see the supernatural. Surely if we saw angels back in those days with advance technology we will see they aura and see they have more features and see their real nature.

!

Moderator Note

The "promblem" from my perspective is that you were told to stop preaching and yet you continue to do it

As such, this is closed, and you will not bring it up again.