The Nature of Units

Ragingmoron

A meter, a kilogram, or a second are all units made up by our ancestors that from my perspective we now take for granted. Each can be further subdivided (centimeters (1/100), millimeters (1/1000), nanometers (1/ 1 billion) ... 1/∞; gram (1/1) , milligram (1/1000), nanogram (1/1 billion)... 1/∞ or accumulated (meter (1*1), kilometer (1*1000)... 1*∞). No matter what unit you come up with, you can describe anything relevant to the type of unit (space, time, or both) but never accurately. The Singularity is at the heart of every unit. In order to describe the Singularity (fundamental reality) you need infinite precision. So the nature of language and mathematics points to an eternal source of information. As our intelligence and perception evolve, there will be new systems of higher relative complexity designed to ascertain and process information... Higher forms of language and mathematics. But no matter how much more we improve upon the efficiency, complexity, and information density of those systems, we will never achieve perfect understanding. We will be infinitely far away. If you can imagine a hypothetical alien race or AI collective that is vastly more intelligent and advanced than humanity... Guess what? They fall infinitely short of absolute intelligence to. That is the nature of reality... There is always infinitely more to learn, because the Singularity is everything, and we can't see every thing.

10 minutes ago, Ragingmoron said:

. No matter what unit you come up with, you can describe anything relevant to the type of unit (space, time, or both) but never accurately.

We havn't got a validated QGT as yet.

12 minutes ago, Ragingmoron said:

The Singularity is at the heart of every unit.

Is it? where is your evidence? your reference? your reputable link? I mean is there any reason why we should take your word for it? Surely you understand that your answer can be questioned?

15 minutes ago, Ragingmoron said:

. But no matter how much more we improve upon the efficiency, complexity, and information density of those systems, we will never achieve perfect understanding. We will be infinitely far away. If you can imagine a hypothetical alien race or AI collective that is vastly more intelligent and advanced than humanity... Guess what? They fall infinitely short of absolute intelligence to. That is the nature of reality... There is always infinitely more to learn, because the Singularity is everything, and we can't see every thing.

Hallelujah!!!

(just the same old, same old.)

20 minutes ago, beecee said:

We havn't got a validated QGT as yet.

Is it? where is your evidence? your reference? your reputable link? I mean is there any reason why we should take your word for it? Surely you understand that your answer can be questioned?

Hallelujah!!!

(just the same old, same old.)

Who decided 26 characters is the perfect number of characters for an alphabet? Who decided that anyone who uses that alphabet qualifies as "intelligent" in cosmic terms? What about base-10 math? Will humanity carry on for thousands and millions of years using base-10 math, having already achieved perfection and seeing no need for improvement? Because there are intelligent life forms out there using systems of much higher complexity and they think we're relatively stupid. With good reason.

2 minutes ago, Ragingmoron said:

there are intelligent life forms out there using systems of much higher complexity and they think we're relatively stupid. With good reason.

Perhaps they only saw you when they looked. 

Who decided 26 characters is the perfect number of characters for an alphabet? 

Dunno.

Who decided that anyone who uses that alphabet qualifies as "intelligent" in cosmic terms? 

Dunno.

What about base-10 math? Will humanity carry on for thousands and millions of years using base-10 math, having already achieved perfection and seeing no need for improvement?

You have me there also.

3 minutes ago, Ragingmoron said:

Because there are intelligent life forms out there using systems of much higher complexity and they think we're relatively stupid. With good reason.

Is there? Can you show me a reputable reference/link, observational data/experimental data,  of these life forms? Intelliget or otherwise? single cell or multi cell? any life off the Earth at all? I wait with anticipation.

14 minutes ago, beecee said:

Dunno.

Dunno.

You have me there also.

Is there? Can you show me a reputable reference/link, observational data/experimental data,  of these life forms? Intelliget or otherwise? single cell or multi cell? any life off the Earth at all? I wait with anticipation.

Sorry BeeCee, all the "reputable" sources debunk all evidence of extraterrestrial life with impunity. While you do not have to take my word for it, I think at this point most reasonable people believe in extraterrestrial life.

17 minutes ago, iNow said:

Perhaps they only saw you when they looked. 

Too bad they didn't see you... If only they had, they would behold the extraordinary capabilities of the masterful human wit 👏

16 minutes ago, Ragingmoron said:

Sorry BeeCee, all the "reputable" sources debunk all evidence of extraterrestrial life with impunity. While you do not have to take my word for it, I think at this point most reasonable people believe in extraterrestrial life.

As do I. But your attitudes with this now, among your other silly claims and agenda driven attitudes, all fail the scientific method that as yet we have absolutely no evidence for any life off this Earth. Unless of course you have evidence of your own capture and anal probing by some visiting Alien life from elsewhere?

5 minutes ago, iNow said:

Yawn

Yeah, me too. I have the second Ashes cricket test to watch between Australia and England...and a couple of cold tinnies on ice!

53 minutes ago, beecee said:

As do I. But your attitudes with this now, among your other silly claims and agenda driven attitudes, all fail the scientific method that as yet we have absolutely no evidence for any life off this Earth. Unless of course you have evidence of your own capture and anal probing by some visiting Alien life from elsewhere?

Yeah, me too. I have the second Ashes cricket test to watch between Australia and England...and a couple of cold tinnies on ice!

Enjoy the match. What time does it start? 🤔