Creating rockets

Kevin_Hall

Hi,
What kind of rocket are looking to start with?
Materials? Heights? Construction?
The modeling gone quite far. 3D - printed liquid engine ones, cutting-edge within concepts are there.
Couple words for guidance.
I would be glad to give some advice.

• 1 month later...

Depends on what you want to do with the rocket in context for anything. 

A simple bottle rocket would be a glass bottle + firework tapped to the lip of the bottle, than pick a direction and light it.

A rocket mainly is about thrust, thrust is how hard it will send its self in one direction, this does require wind resistant as a variable that can make a rocket not go one direction and also the earth's pull is one.

But the best idea for a model rocket to start is paper towel roll with a parachute that comes out on the earth's pull when the rockets thrust source has expelled itself.

But if we want to talk about space rockets that use a hydrogen engine that can give both trust in and out of earth (the hydrogen is mixed with a oxidizer than is light, than shot out the rear,) these have a lot more build quality in hull/body for the amount of heat and stress applied during take-off and exiting.

But the last one I can think is a firework which is a rocket in its own right, it creates the thrust when the gunpowder is lit than blows up at the end with sulfur making the colors we love.

So which one?

On 12/6/2021 at 7:03 PM, Kevin_Hall said:

I'm about to create my first rocket, therefore I would like to know if someone has already made ones. 
Please, share your experience of creating rocket models here. 

Tell me at least the scale of the rocket you want to build. What type of fuel do you want to use. What type of rocket. Or at least tell me what your budget is. Because the only answer that can be given to your question is YES, SOMEONE HAS ALREADY MADE ONES. Need more specifics. And the most important question: do you want to do everything completely byyourself or just buy different components and assemble in 15 minutes?

On 12/6/2021 at 3:03 PM, Kevin_Hall said:

I'm about to create my first rocket, therefore I would like to know if someone has already made ones. 
Please, share your experience of creating rocket models here. 

I remember playing around as a child. Strips of celluloid were cut, then wrapped in foil in the shape of a cylinder. A nozzle was formed from foil at one end of the cylinder. Then this structure was heated in a flame, the celluloid burning reaction began and the rocket flew away.

🤩