Jump to content

War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?


iNow
 Share

Recommended Posts

When did Biden discuss his fears? You’re nothing if not consistent Serge. 

11 hours ago, SergUpstart said:

Joe Biden said that the United States is ready to defend Taiwan militarily.

And he is not afraid of the fact that China also has nuclear weapons

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, iNow said:

When did Biden discuss his fears? You’re nothing if not consistent Serge. 

 

Not in those exact words but as a paraphrase I've read something about him recently to the same effect.

Sabre-rattling by the Chinese, Kim and Putin is all it is, and Biden is just suggesting he knows this, I think. Those despots don't have the conventional means to worry NATO, so they wave the biggest sticks they've got, even though they know that would be game over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The White House explained that US President Joe Biden, speaking about readiness for military participation in the defense of Taiwan, meant the supply of weapons for the self-defense of the island, NBC reports.

 

Well, that's the reverse

Meanwhile, strategic bombers of the Russian Aerospace Forces and the Chinese Armed Forces conducted joint patrols in the Sea of Japan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban announced the introduction of a state of emergency in the country against the background of the conflict in Ukraine.

The world is on the verge of an economic crisis due to the conflict in Ukraine and sanctions against Russia, Orban said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SergUpstart said:

 

The world is on the verge of an economic crisis due to the conflict in Ukraine and sanctions against Russia, Orban said.

I guess that's the price you pay when you stand up to a dicktator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SergUpstart said:

The world is on the verge of an economic crisis due to the conflict in Ukraine and sanctions against Russia, Orban said.

That's a very good perspective, Serg. The whole world is in danger because of "leaders" like Putin and Orban. Perhaps the whole world would be better off without "leaders" who risk their people this way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The weaker the West becomes in material terms, the more aggressive and unbridled it becomes on the world stage, writes Sohrab Ahmari, a columnist for The American Conservative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SergUpstart said:

The weaker the West becomes in material terms, the more aggressive and unbridled it becomes on the world stage, writes Sohrab Ahmari, a columnist for The American Conservative.

Where is the West materially weaker? You can say that about Russia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Where is the West materially weaker? You can say that about Russia.

Russia has largely restored the former military power of the USSR. And China has already surpassed the United States in terms of real GDP, specifically in terms of real GDP, minus any financial consulting services there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, SergUpstart said:

Russia has largely restored the former military power of the USSR. And China has already surpassed the United States in terms of real GDP, specifically in terms of real GDP, minus any financial consulting services there.

The only area where Russia is the  same militarily as the USSR is in nuclear weapons. Conventionally it's falling to bits. It's not a superpower anymore. That illusion was shattered with this war.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SergUpstart said:

Russia has largely restored the former military power of the USSR. 

Ukraine beat the Russian air forces, the Russian logistics are horrible, the equipment failures are catastrophic, the Russian leaders are fielding confused and undersupported troops, and it's obvious that if what you say is true, Russia would be in control right now. Serg, I'm sorry you're so easily foooled by state propaganda, but we're here to help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Ukraine beat the Russian air forces, the Russian logistics are horrible, the equipment failures are catastrophic, the Russian leaders are fielding confused and undersupported troops, and it's obvious that if what you say is true, Russia would be in control right now. Serg, I'm sorry you're so easily foooled by state propaganda, but we're here to help. 

Yes, If he's in Russia, he's not going to see open-minded news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SergUpstart said:

The weaker the West becomes in material terms, the more aggressive and unbridled it becomes on the world stage, writes Sohrab Ahmari, a columnist for The American Conservative.

Source? I see summaries, but the only purported links I can find are in Russian, so I have to wonder where this originated.

Also, opinion is just opinion. Aiding in defense is not aggression.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Yes, If he's in Russia, he's not going to see open-minded news.

Putin's strategy so far has been to make it seem like the world is against Russia, rather than against what Putin has done in Ukraine. Hopefully Russia is NOT its current leader.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2022 at 10:53 PM, Phi for All said:

But this too is a red herring. We should start talking about war crimes and their punishment. 

This morning in the city of Melitopol, which has been under the control of Russian troops since February, a parked car was blown up near the city administration building. The explosion occurred during the distribution of humanitarian aid arriving from Russia. There are victims, the information is being clarified.

This is rather not a war crime, but elementary terrorism.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:46 PM, StringJunky said:

The only area where Russia is the  same militarily as the USSR is in nuclear weapons. Conventionally it's falling to bits. It's not a superpower anymore. That illusion was shattered with this war.

Russia has better cruise and ballistic missiles than NATO. The "Caliber" is better than the Tomahawk, the "Kinzhal" does not lend itself to interception at all. Today, there are many messages in the Telegram messenger that the command post of the army Group South, sorry, the operational command of the South of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has been calibrated in the settlement of Novy Bug. It is assumed that 3 generals and 34 officers were destroyed.

Russia has the best air defense in the world, which showed the complete inefficiency of the Turkish Bayraktar attack UAVs.

The Russian Aerospace Forces receive serial Su-57, which are not inferior to the F-35.

i?id=52f844eaedc029a85d6c5238a14b2993-54

Terminator tank support combat vehicles have appeared on the Luhansk front, NATO has no analogues.

i?id=c55f8c137e50ffdc039ed03d7fdd2ff8-56

Link to comment
Share on other sites

former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger is included in the database of enemies of Ukraine "Peacemaker". He is banned from entering Ukraine. This is for his words that Ukraine should give up part of the territory in exchange for peace.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10847579/Henry-Kissinger-tells-global-elite-gathered-Davos-Ukraine-Russia-territory.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SergUpstart said:

former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger is included in the database of enemies of Ukraine "Peacemaker". He is banned from entering Ukraine. This is for his words that Ukraine should give up part of the territory in exchange for peace.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10847579/Henry-Kissinger-tells-global-elite-gathered-Davos-Ukraine-Russia-territory.html

Where does it say that Kissinger was banned from the Ukraine. The article seems only to mention that Russia was banned from the event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SergUpstart said:

The Russian Aerospace Forces receive serial Su-57, which are not inferior to the F-35.

They sent both of them ?
What will they use for their air shows ?

Give it a rest; they are not in series production yet, and may never be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, MigL said:

They sent both of them ?
What will they use for their air shows ?

Give it a rest; they are not in series production yet, and may never be.

Same with their Tank Terminator he said was in Ukraine... all ONE of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

But is the rumour true that the turret hasn't blown off it yet?

Not sure if it's had the pleasure of being engaged by an NLAW yet.

Edited by StringJunky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2022 at 8:48 PM, CharonY said:

Where does it say that Kissinger was banned from the Ukraine. The article seems only to mention that Russia was banned from the event.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/25/ukraine-rejects-kissinger-suggestion-it-should-cede-land-to-russia.html

12 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Not sure if it's had the pleasure of being engaged by an NLAW yet.

The LOW has a range of 800 m, the Javelin has 2000 m, and the Russian Cornet has 4000 m. And the modifications of the "Cornet-D" - 1000 m.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.