War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?

iNow

3 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Short cease fire upcoming?

Ukrainian delegation will meet with Russian delegation on Ukraine-Belarus border: https://uacrisis.org/en/ukrainian-delegation

I expect the message to Zelensky will be: "Kyiv is surrounded; give up now while you still can."

The Russians would have an interested in avoiding this battle too, since fighting from the outskirts of Kyiv to the center will be block by block, house by house - and they will likely lose a lot of troops.

Edited by Alex_Krycek

1 minute ago, Alex_Krycek said:

I expect the message to Zelensky will be "Kyiv is surrounded; give up now while you still can."

Who will host/moderate the discussion? Surely not Belarus?

I would be concerned with both the safety of the Ukrainian delegates and any time for Russia to reorganize and resupply their troops.

6 minutes ago, Alex_Krycek said:

The Russians would have an interested in avoiding this battle too, since fighting from the outskirts of Kyiv to the center will be block by block, house by house - and they will likely lose a lot of troops.

Putin of course, would only have an interest in furthering his agenda, and saving what little face he has left...which is probably only with state informed Russians, and others of his ilk.

19 minutes ago, koti said:

If it’s going to be our Polish clown President we can all pack our bags and leave for Australia and NZ.

Maybe not hosting the talks, but at least he’s hosting Ukrainian refugees… around 25-30,000 already, it seems. That’s a huge help to real people facing real danger. 

1 hour ago, Alex_Krycek said:

It will be interesting to see whether the Russian Command has an equivalent to General Milley, who, in the last crazy days of the D Trump Presidency, took steps to make surenuclear war would not be started during one of Donald's hissy fits, and went as far as contacting Russian and Chinese counterparts to reassure them.

Hope those counterparts he contacted in Russia think the same way, and some will choose to walk away from the brink.

Maybe we should be urging the Russian military to stage a coup ...

26 minutes ago, koti said:

If it’s going to be our Polish clown President we can all pack our bags and leave for Australia and NZ.

I hope the last couple of days has taught you that there are State Presidents who are much much worse than yours, Koti.
Stay safe.
( and open your house to some refugees 🙂 )

Edited by MigL

8 minutes ago, MigL said:

will be interesting to see whether the Russian Command has an equivalent to General Milley, who, in the last crazy days of the D Trump Presidency, took steps to make surenuclear war would not be started during one of Donald's hissy fits, and went as far as contacting Russian and Chinese counterparts to reassure them.

My money’s on, No. 

8 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

This guy?

image.png.fddea99d85f33e009d4ab74878f13580.png

😂

9 minutes ago, MigL said:

Come out of your bunker, and stop being such a pessimist.

Where do you stand on an American in missile country (Dakotas) laying in extra canned goods?  Pessimist or just covering all the bases?  

As for a Russian Mark Milley, that's nice to imagine but I really see Putin as surrounded by asslickers.  I think that Doomsday clock that the BoAS maintains just ticked closer to midnight.  

26 minutes ago, iNow said:

Maybe not hosting the talks, but at least he’s hosting Ukrainian refugees… around 25-30,000 already, it seems. That’s a huge help to real people facing real danger. 

Despite a month of promises, on Thursday the 24th at night, conviniently while the Putin shitstorm started he reinstalled a prosecutor in the disciplinairy chamber who tormented a pregnant woman resulting in her death becuase of religious BS. The disiplinairy chamber is an illegal entity and a private tool of Kaczyński and Ziobro (minister of justice and prosecutor general in one person)  and is the main reason which prevents us from receiving the 150 bln euro form the EU post Covid fund and results in us paying around 1mln euro in fines. Daily. The president is not autonomous, he's a tool and a clown, unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, MigL said:

It will be interesting to see whether the Russian Command has an equivalent to General Milley, who, in the last crazy days of the D Trump Presidency, took steps to make surenuclear war would not be started during one of Donald's hissy fits, and went as far as contacting Russian and Chinese counterparts to reassure them.

Hope those counterparts he contacted in Russia think the same way, and some will choose to walk away from the brink.

Maybe we should be urging the Russian military to stage a coup ...

I hope the last couple of days has taught you that there are State Presidents who are much much worse than yours, Koti.
Stay safe.
( and open your house to some refugees 🙂 )

Just came back home from a day of trips, dropping people off at shelters and getting food and supplies. 

5 hours ago, Alex_Krycek said:

I expect the message to Zelensky will be: "Kyiv is surrounded; give up now while you still can."

If the Ukrainian can get bedded into the brickwork, most of Russia's war toys will useless overkill. They'll have a 1970's Northern Ireland street war on their hands, witrh their adversary remotely assisted by well-funded  and miltarized sources. This seems to be turning out as a proxy war for NATO against Russia. I wonder how Russia likes that, now the shoe is on the other foot? I sense it is going to be the greyest of grey wars. 

Edited by StringJunky

4 hours ago, TheVat said:

Where do you stand on an American in missile country (Dakotas) laying in extra canned goods?  Pessimist or just covering all the bases?  

I live 15 min away from Niagara Falls which provides electrical power for a lot of the North-East.
I would be expecting a large thermonuclear EMP , about 10 000 ft up, to take out the power gri

I remember thinking what a moron G W Bush was when he was President, Koti.
Then along came D Trump, and made him look like a genius.
Now V Putin is making D Trump look like a reasonable man.

We'll see if Xi Jinping eventually makes Vlad look good again ...

Edited by MigL

7 minutes ago, SergUpstart said:

Are you serious?

41 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

If the Ukrainian can get bedded into the brickwork, most of Russia's war toys will useless overkill. They'll have a 1970's Northern Ireland street war on their hands, witrh their adversary remotely assisted by well-funded  and miltarized sources. This seems to be turning out as a proxy war for NATO against Russia. I wonder how Russia likes that, now the shoe is on the other foot? I sense it is going to be the greyest of grey wars. 

That might be one of the better outcomes,but I would not wish it on Ukaine who deserve better for sure.

Best outcome would be for Russia to get their monkey off their back. 

This is the first time Germany has sent offensive weapons to a country at war in more than 85 years.
Even though they were implored to do so by their EU and NATO neighbors in previous conflicts such as Kosovo, they still felt the 'shame' of their  12 year ( 33 to 45 ) Nazi past.

Russian leaders are calling Ukrainians Nazis, even though the Ukraine is a more democratic society than present Russia.

The Russians should learn a thing or two from the Germans, as they have 45 years of cold war oppression of Eastern Europe to be ashamed of.

As a former Soviet citizen with a part of the family coming from Ukraine I have to say that I never thought I will have such a high respect to the Ukrainian people and to their president (whose last name rhymes with mine.) 

18 minutes ago, Genady said:

As a former Soviet citizen with a part of the family coming from Ukraine I have to say that I never thought I will have such a high respect to the Ukrainian people and to their president (whose last name rhymes with mine.) 

Cometh the moment ,cometh the man (and the people)

They have already won by their example.

Time for the Russian people to step up?

(I agree the Russians have security concerns,but not at others' expense)

• Jalopy changed the title to Will Russia use nuclear weapons?