Fake News

studiot

The attachement from the international libraries association is self explanatory.

Although not specifically for scientific matters I thought it was particularly well presented and a good candidate as a sticky on this site.

fakenews.thumb.jpg.384b3c6ffc6b15dc73d171be8c91da14.jpg

Related to that here is an interesting article that highlights that rebuttals might be effective in combating science deniers. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02152-y

Actual performance varies by audience, I am sure. Though we had good experience with folks who actually came individually to information sessions. Whereas if a bunch of connected folks appeared, they seemed to reinforce their beliefs. One thing that is also somewhat concerning is that quite a few folks were citing youtube videos as source. That makes it (by design, I would say) more difficult for folks to figure out where these folks get their "info" from.

10 hours ago, CharonY said:

Related to that here is an interesting article that highlights that rebuttals might be effective in combating science deniers. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02152-y

Actual performance varies by audience, I am sure. Though we had good experience with folks who actually came individually to information sessions. Whereas if a bunch of connected folks appeared, they seemed to reinforce their beliefs. One thing that is also somewhat concerning is that quite a few folks were citing youtube videos as source. That makes it (by design, I would say) more difficult for folks to figure out where these folks get their "info" from.

Thank you for this interesting article, which complements the information I gave.  +1

I see that it can be obtained as a single page pdf from the link you quoted.

So, Arikel, I tested your statement by going to CNN this morning.  I read their lead story, and verified its information at other news sources, as well as the press release issued by the Florida governor's office.   The story seemed to match other accounts and the public record. 

Can you identify the fakery for us, in order to back up your claim?

Please specify the false or misleading statements in the excerpted text.  Thanks.

Here are the opening paragraphs:

St, Petersburg, Florida (CNN)Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis wants to reestablish a World War II-era civilian military force that he, not the Pentagon, would control.

DeSantis pitched the idea Thursday as a way to further support the Florida National Guard during emergencies, like hurricanes. The Florida National Guard has also played a vital role during the pandemic in administering Covid-19 tests and distributing vaccines.
But in a nod to the growing tension between Republican states and the Biden administration over the National Guard, DeSantis also said this unit, called the Florida State Guard, would be "not encumbered by the federal government." He said this force would give him "the flexibility and the ability needed to respond to events in our state in the most effective way possible." DeSantis is proposing bringing it back with a volunteer force of 200 civilians, and he is seeking $3.5 million from the state legislature in startup costs to train and equip them.

Edited by TheVat
Added url

26 minutes ago, Arikel88 said:

Fake news look at CNN there is nothing more than fake news from there.

Interesting. CNN reported today that the Omicron variant is prompting travel restriction across the world. Since that is fake news, are you saying there are NO travel restrictions due to omicron?

37 minutes ago, Arikel88 said:

Fake news look at CNN there is nothing more than fake news from there.

1. Consider the source.

Your other two posts claim "G-d delivers us", and that "Jordan Peterson is A genius". With the addition of the CNN claim, your credibility isn't even on the radar. You seem like a candidate for both believing AND spreading fake news.

Whoa, whoa, whoa easy there just showing my sources where all of cnn blunder's come.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNN_controversies

Specially the wikileaks saying that only media can download them which was false and fake news and a bunch of more there. Besides Cnn there are other for other media outlets.

Edited by Arikel88

Is the claim that they make errors sometimes and ideologues often blow those up into pretend scandals, or is the claim that they actively lie and spread disinformation knowingly on purpose?

Asking bc you’re only sharing evidence in support of the first. 

11 minutes ago, Arikel88 said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa easy there just showing my sources where all of cnn blunder's come.

Specially the wikileaks saying that only media can download them which was false and fake news and a bunch of more there. Besides Cnn there are other for other media outlets.

I am taking it easy.  I just asked you a straightforward question:  does my excerpted story from this morning, or Zapatos' story, support your assertion that CNN is nothing more than fake news?

If so, what parts were erroneous or faked?  If CNN is "nothing more than" fake news, then the story I quoted for you would have to be fake in some way, right?  So, forget wikipedia, show me a CNN story (a news story, not an opinion piece, which would follow a different standard) that examples what you are saying.  

22 minutes ago, Arikel88 said:

Excuse me for butting into your vendetta against CNN.

This is my thread and I will thank you for keeping on topic.

Edited by studiot

2 hours ago, Arikel88 said:

Please answer my question.