How we think Jesus will return verses how he actually will return

RicDeVela

9 minutes ago, ahmet said:

it seems you confuse something

Yes. I'm talking about history and you're talking about popular belief among one insular group.

9 minutes ago, ahmet said:

Islam is not an invention

All religions - all philosophies, all human ideas - are inventions. They do not occur in nature, and they did not come fully formed into anybody's mind: they evolved with and were developed by people. That's why crows and dolphins don't have any.

Edited by Peterkin
'm

4 hours ago, Peterkin said:

All religions - all philosophies, all human ideas - are inventions. They do not occur in nature, and they did not come fully formed into anybody's mind: they evolved with and were developed by people. That's why crows and dolphins don't have any.

it eventually brings us a mandate duty : to respect all of ideas!

to simplify the case by basic examples & and original / real life practices, I can say that almost all of the people nowadays known as 'illuminated' faces ( i.e. everyone who lives nowadays) would most probably accept that a light would NOT OCCUR IN NATURE if we were to correctly follow your this ("wrong" ) idea.

also, such examples can be multiplied ..roughly, todays "illuminated" people were in belief that earth was flat in the past (which is wrong)

in fact, that stated  idea is common paradigm almost all around the people who would like to be known as illuminated faces or modern whereas the universal realities require more sensitive and close examination/vision and (i.e. CORRECT) knowledge. 

as result, i think that closer and more sensitive approaches and works will ensure us to learn general trıuths which are universal and not dependent to any personal practises  and / or venue. 

Edited by ahmet
just one preposition added

13 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

I refuse absolutely. Some ideas should never merit anyone's respect.

but through far in the past of history up to now, not just one time ,but multiple times  we experienced that it has always been even high potential for any idea to show its face as another "reality". 

Even, I think you can find some contexts relevant to this issue among your this website's rules (read forum rules and privacy&policy)

I think you will perfectly find something for yourself that proves this idea was WRONG. 

one another important notation here should be that none asks you to believe or accept the nature of  truth of any idea.. just respect!

Edited by ahmet

1 hour ago, ahmet said:

as result, i think that closer and more sensitive approaches and works will ensure us to learn general trıuths which are universal and not dependent to any personal practises  and / or venue. 

Excellent!

You go and do that.

How about we respect the person, even if we despise the idea?

6 hours ago, ahmet said:

we always need to take decisions via/by intellect (not emotions).

You may think we need to, but we don't, and can't. Respect is also an emotion. You cannot remove emotion from human responses: if you could, you'd be left with a robot response; nor can you remove thought from human feelings.

Comprehend, consider, reflect, assess; decide. Some ideas have more intellectual merit than others and deserve to be treated as more worthy. Some ideas are implausible, impractical, hare-brained, unethical, or just plain silly: having considered and assessed such ideas, we are intellectually, as well as emotionally correct to give them no credence. In some cases, we are even justified in withdrawing respect from the person putting forth a very bad idea.  

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Peterkin said:

You may think we need to, but we don't, and can't. Respect is also an emotion.

well, the handicaps are behind the definitions here. We need to define what "respect" was. 

So, we need to define it by logical propositions/expressions.

for instance what misconduct mean,should be defined. 

what impoliteness mean should be defined. 

once  we define each of act behind the content of that "emotional keyword" then it is easy how and what to do for each circumstance respectively. 

I think it is worth to express that, from the point of my view all ideas should be taken via intellect rather than emotions. 

Emotions do not show truths, whereas intellect always noble and prominent and it is sufficient to take decisions via intellect. 

2 hours ago, Peterkin said:

Comprehend, consider, reflect, assess; decide. Some ideas have more intellectual merit than others and deserve to be treated as more worthy. Some ideas are implausible, impractical, hare-brained, unethical, or just plain silly: having considered and assessed such ideas, we are intellectually, as well as emotionally correct to give them no credence. In some cases, we are even justified in withdrawing respect from the person putting forth a very bad idea.  

all ideas should be assessed / evaluated under the control of intellect. which idea is implausible / impractical/ hare-brained/unethical or just plain silly ?...almost all of these are the result of assessments made by Non-intellectual people. 

18 hours ago, Phi for All said:

I refuse absolutely. Some ideas should never merit anyone's respect.

this, I did not really say which idea merited or not , in fact , the core keywpord here is "intellect" (can be figured like "subject" and the object is "decision" .)

subject is always responsible for what decisions he/she made.

but all we have to respect what decision anyone taken ,right?

eventually everyone endures the result of what decision he/she made. 

I see no complexity. 

oh, dim. be please simple but clear and intellectual please.

not always compelxity ensures good results. :)

Edited by ahmet

1 hour ago, ahmet said:

subject is always responsible for what decisions he/she made.

but all we have to respect what decision anyone taken ,right?

Do you really think ALL decisions need to be respected? Perhaps you're using definitions of "respect" or "anyone" with which I'm unfamiliar.

2 hours ago, ahmet said:

well, the handicaps are behind the definitions here. We need to define what "respect" was. 

So, we need to define it by logical propositions/expressions

Not necessary. The word already has a quite respectable definitions in dictionaries. https://www.lexico.com/definition/respect

2 hours ago, ahmet said:

for instance what misconduct mean,should be defined. 

Why? How did that come into respect for ideas?

2 hours ago, ahmet said:

Emotions do not show truths, whereas intellect always noble and prominent and it is sufficient to take decisions via intellect. 

I disagree on both counts.

2 hours ago, ahmet said:

which idea is implausible / impractical/ hare-brained/unethical or just plain silly

A great many examples of each are very prominent in public discourse, political decision-making and interpersonal relations. If you don't know that, bringing examples would be a waste of my time.

Here's just one that meets at least three of the criteria for disrespect: 

The national institute of health is not staffed by

2 hours ago, ahmet said:

Non-intellectual people. 

2 hours ago, ahmet said:

all ideas should be assessed / evaluated under the control of intellect

Okay.

On 12/19/2021 at 10:10 PM, Phi for All said:

Do you really think ALL decisions need to be respected? Perhaps you're using definitions of "respect" or "anyone" with which I'm unfamiliar.

yes. why not. because the definition itself allows us to think in that way. 

I meant, that decision(s) for whom taken by those personalities. Considering this , just respecting to ideas and / or decisions does not mean those decisions. (Something like ...

however, if you or someone else mean that there are some "bad" decisions available, well, I am not unavare of  that.

Understanding & internalizing this section is not easy but should not be difficult also. 

When a decision is given/defined as a right to anyone, yes , we have to respect to what / which type of decisin he/she would make. 

23 hours ago, Peterkin said:

Okay.

if the content is really difficult to internalize or fully well comprehend , then maybe simplyfying steps or step by step might be better. 

let  restrict the issue to two things. 

intellect is prominent ,right ?

in this case, one person may have intellect or not (if it is so much difficult to understand, this might be useful)

if you are ready for more complex case, then assume please a person may have a defined proportion of intellect. 

then it is easy to understand. 

11 minutes ago, ahmet said:

intellect is prominent ,right ?

wrong

in this case, one person may have intellect or not

wrong

if you are ready for more complex case, then assume please a person may have a defined proportion of intellect. 

then it is easy to understand. 

Understanding is not the problem here.

In any case, you're way off topic.