Negativ down votes

Der_Neugierige

That’s faulty logic; there are a number of reasons that people downvote posts, and we know this from the many discussions on the topic. They could be downvoting for the same reasons that others post in disagreement - that you are e.g. posting faulty arguments. I’ve seen upvotes for good arguments from people who had taken a contrary position. To assume that they are downvoting because you are revealing some uncomfortable truth might be projection of your own motivation. People are more varied than that.

Downvotes are not supposed to be a source of pride. 

1 hour ago, Der_Neugierige said:

This votings are kindergarten.

I give zero value if my comment are seen negative. 

That’s a shame. Humans are social creatures. We exist together in a society. The expectations and behavioral norms in that society allow it to function and prosper. Feedback when we break those norms allows us to better ourselves and become more productive members by teaching us how to avoid behaviors considered unacceptable.

The up and down votes on sites like this one are one such mechanism for receiving this feedback when we’re unable to interact IRL and F2F. While there’s always a role to play in pushing back on norms and challenging social expectations, and while rebelliousness can often be a powerful tool to get groups out of ruts and overcome normalized discrimination or small mindedness, that role of pushing back doesn’t incolve treating others like an asshole or relying on mistakes and flawed thinking in defense of one’s position, both of which driving the vast majority of negative votes here at SFN (that and expressing obstinacy, willful,ignorance, and bigotry toward protected classes).

If you take pride in this negative outcome instead of seeing it as a path toward becoming better, then I might suggest you need to find better hobbies,. You’re not Galileo, after all.

Edited by iNow

2 minutes ago, Der_Neugierige said:

I want conversations comments not votes.

You have both. If you’re not getting the sorts of responses that you want, perhaps look inward and reflect on how you could change your own style to better encourage and drive the conversations and responses you seek. 

4 minutes ago, iNow said:

You have both. If you’re not getting the sorts of responses that you want, perhaps look inward and reflect on how you could change your own style to better encourage and drive the conversations and responses you seek. 

Wont change my style only to make you happier.

19 minutes ago, Der_Neugierige said:

This has nothing to do with my happiness, and to be perfectly frank its responses like these which are driving your negative vote receipts (not that you’re saying important things that others don’t wish to hear).

23 minutes ago, Der_Neugierige said:

The things you say that get you downvotes have NOTHING to do with your style, really, and NOTHING to do with the topics you bring up. It's the substance that I find lacking in your posts.

You get downvotes mostly because you take a lot of stances that are over-generalized and fairly shallow, and don't take anything nuanced and subtle into consideration (your thread about Americans being hypocrites over race). You also get downvotes because you threaten to kill yourself a LOT, and we can't do anything about that, so it's frustrating that you keep looping us into a problem we have no control over. Everyone would love to see you happier, but you post a LOT of despair and don't take anyone's advice to seek professional help. Nobody here is a medical professional, we're just science discussion enthusiasts, so perhaps you could either listen to the small bits of advice we're qualified to give, or just stop being so dramatic and talk some science.

19 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Nobody here is a medical professional

Well, some are, but even so... not relevant. Seeking medical advice online leads everyone to having cancer and rare conditions that effect only tiny fractions of the population. :)