Jump to content

Covid vaccination reaction figures.


Recommended Posts

For those that might be interested.

In the area covered by our local district hospital they have now administerd about 245,000 covid vaccinations, mostly Pfizer with some AZ and lately some Moderna.

In they started this in January 2020 and since then there have been 3 anaphalactic like reactions, none with serious lasting effects.

Of these one proved to be actually an epileptic episode, that would likely have happened anyway and nothing to do with the vaccination.

The other two were promptly and successfully dealt with by the attendant medical staff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doesn't change the conclusion of very rare reaction - but -an overly favorable summary.  Adverse reactions are not reported in this way.

Three should be reported as those observe not absolute.  Reactions may have been experienced beyond surveillance.  

"Likely would have happened", "nothing to do" and "promptly and successfully treated" are overly-favorable speculation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PhilGeis said:

Doesn't change the conclusion of very rare reaction - but -an overly favorable summary.  Adverse reactions are not reported in this way.

Three should be reported as those observe not absolute.  Reactions may have been experienced beyond surveillance.  

"Likely would have happened", "nothing to do" and "promptly and successfully treated" are overly-favorable speculation.

 

Thank you for response, which was even briefer than my original post.

Since you wre the only one interested enough to respond at all +1.

However you have jumped to some unjustifiable conclusions in your response, particularly as to the source of my information and the phrase

"promptly and successfully treated" , which was indeed absolute and correct, rather than an overly-favourable speculation.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2021 at 4:51 PM, studiot said:

For those that might be interested.

In the area covered by our local district hospital they have now administerd about 245,000 covid vaccinations, mostly Pfizer with some AZ and lately some Moderna.

In they started this in January 2020 and since then there have been 3 anaphalactic like reactions, none with serious lasting effects.

Of these one proved to be actually an epileptic episode, that would likely have happened anyway and nothing to do with the vaccination.

The other two were promptly and successfully dealt with by the attendant medical staff.

Do you know if these reactions were occurring in the span of time the recipients are waiting after the shot (15 min was my experience); it sounds like that, given the “prompt attention”

If so, PhilGeis’s “beyond surveillance” objection is moot; these numbers would not be anecdotal, since everyone is being observed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, swansont said:

Do you know if these reactions were occurring in the span of time the recipients are waiting after the shot (15 min was my experience); it sounds like that, given the “prompt attention”

If so, PhilGeis’s “beyond surveillance” objection is moot; these numbers would not be anecdotal, since everyone is being observed.

Thank you for your response.

Yes I can confirm that all three incidents were pretty immediate following rhe shot.

(Isn't that what happens in anaphalaxis as opposed to any old reaction ?)

UK innoculation staff are all trained to watch for and be able to deal with any reaction followng the origninal Dumfries case.

Of course I should have specified adverse reaction, after all we all hope to have some (favourable) response to the shot.

I had no personally detectable response to my first two shots, but on the most recent third (booster) i had no response before I went to bed the night of the shot but has a slightly sore area on my arm at the innoculation site the following morning. This faded over the following couple of days.

 

The actual reports are numerically exact but not gained from the covid monitoring programme but from the hospital's own incident (of any sort) monitoring programme.
Every reportable incident is reviewed, categorized and catalogued for any appropriate follow up action.

 

Edited by studiot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone was observed while present, beyio

1 hour ago, swansont said:

Do you know if these reactions were occurring in the span of time the recipients are waiting after the shot (15 min was my experience); it sounds like that, given the “prompt attention”

If so, PhilGeis’s “beyond surveillance” objection is moot; these numbers would not be anecdotal, since everyone is being observed.

Everyone was observed for a time - beyond surveillance addressed time.  Adverse reaction may not be within time of survelliance.

1 hour ago, studiot said:

 

Thank you for response, which was even briefer than my original post.

Since you wre the only one interested enough to respond at all +1.

However you have jumped to some unjustifiable conclusions in your response, particularly as to the source of my information and the phrase

"promptly and successfully treated" , which was indeed absolute and correct, rather than an overly-favourable speculation.

 

I jumped to no conclusion.  Prompt and successful is subjectiuve and would not be appropriate description for reporting adverse reaction to FDA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, PhilGeis said:

I jumped to no conclusion.  Prompt and successful is subjectiuve and would not be appropriate description for reporting adverse reaction to FDA.

There's an unjustifed jump to a conclusion right there.

Who or what the hell is FDA and what does reporting the FDA have to do with the price of bacon ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, PhilGeis said:

Everyone was observed for a time - beyond surveillance addressed time.  Adverse reaction may not be within time of survelliance.

The protocol suggests that this is the likely result. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What does FDA have to do with this?  It approves the vaccine and monitors and potentially responds to  adverse repot data - https://vaers.hhs.gov/  .  It would find comments such as -prob would happened anyway - and prompt and successful treatment -  pretty poor.

Any report would include qualification of those monitoring, whether active or passive, period through which monitoring was effected, voluntary reports from vaccinated after monitoring, specifics of reactions observed, how treated, criteria by which resolution was determined, etc.

What protocol that?  In any case, relevant protocols do not suggest - they are methodology.   Clearly there are can be post release reactions - https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/moderna/reactogenicity.html

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PhilGeis said:

Poor surveillance reports anywhere - are poor reports.

What was origin?

I consider jumping to conclusions without ascertaining the facts, to be pretty poor Science.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2021 at 6:59 AM, PhilGeis said:

What protocol that? 

Having people wait 15 minutes before leaving. That suggests that adverse reactions like anaphylaxis are expected to be pretty much immediate.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:59 AM, PhilGeis said:

In any case, relevant protocols do not suggest - they are methodology.   Clearly there are can be post release reactions - https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/moderna/reactogenicity.html

Those are side effects, which AFAIK are not anaphylactic-like reactions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Waiting 15 minutes is conventional and is driven by the majority of reactions observed and the practical aspect of maintaining folks cooperation. but certainly does not indicate absence of subsequent reactions, including a anaphylaxis.   "Symptoms of anaphylaxis often occur within 15-30 minutes of vaccination, though it can sometimes take several hours for symptoms to appear."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/managing-anaphylaxis.html

Where any reported subsequently?  Was there a means of reporting >established for the vaccinated after exit?  What was protocol for treatment -  epinephrine? antihistamine?  What was "successfully treated"? Recall anaphylaxis may manifest in those appearing to recover.  How long did those folks stick around? 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.