CRISPR technology survey

Nerdssuck

4 hours ago, Nerdssuck said:

for a school assignment 

What kind of assignment? What is it supposed to accomplish?

Where does the questionnaire come from? 

Why does it have my email address?

I'm none too pleased about that last one BTW.

Makes me wonder whether it's safe to open any posted links.

18 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

What kind of assignment? What is it supposed to accomplish?

Where does the questionnaire come from? 

Why does it have my email address?

I'm none too pleased about that last one BTW.

Makes me wonder whether it's safe to open any posted links.

Its for a biology poster where we discuss the results give hypothesis etc.. The teacher hasn't given much indication on why we are doing this but it's on the lines of gaining different perspectives about genetic technology from people not in our age group. But it's on google forms so none of your personal details are shared or public to anyone. It should say "(not shared)" next to your email as it's completely anonymous. 

37 minutes ago, Nerdssuck said:

But it's on google forms so none of your personal details are shared or public to anyone.

Okay. Google knows everybody.

It might be a good idea if you elaborated on the topic in your OP. Otherwise, you might not have much response.

8 hours ago, Nerdssuck said:

it's on google forms so none of your personal details are shared or public to anyone. It should say "(not shared)" next to your email as it's completely anonymous. 

I like helping students, especially those willing to ask hard questions and explore answers from different sources. Well done! I will say, however, that I'm extremely resistant to clicking links from strangers online, and I'm even more resistant to sharing personal information like email address when I do. 

If you can ask your questions here in this thread, I'd be happy to answer them and you have my permission to transfer them to your centralized response tracker. For example, I feel that CRISPR is super cool, with tons of opportunity to make our lives better and cure disease, but also with tons of risk to be used by bad people and used by people who wish to have designer children where they choose their height, eye color, and related other traits. This could result in problems culturally, but also with disease if we're too similar to one another in the future and a bad virus hits. 

Like I said, I will reply here (or potentially to an anonymous survey), however, if you ask me to click your link and fill in details associated with me in a non-anonymous way, I won't be doing that... and I imagine I'm not the only one who will avoid your form for these same reasons.

Summarized: Happy to help, but not in the way you're asking. Good luck, either way!

7 hours ago, iNow said:

I like helping students, especially those willing to ask hard questions and explore answers from different sources. Well done! I will say, however, that I'm extremely resistant to clicking links from strangers online, and I'm even more resistant to sharing personal information like email address when I do. 

If you can ask your questions here in this thread, I'd be happy to answer them and you have my permission to transfer them to your centralized response tracker. For example, I feel that CRISPR is super cool, with tons of opportunity to make our lives better and cure disease, but also with tons of risk to be used by bad people and used by people who wish to have designer children where they choose their height, eye color, and related other traits. This could result in problems culturally, but also with disease if we're too similar to one another in the future and a bad virus hits. 

Like I said, I will reply here (or potentially to an anonymous survey), however, if you ask me to click your link and fill in details associated with me in a non-anonymous way, I won't be doing that... and I imagine I'm not the only one who will avoid your form for these same reasons.

Summarized: Happy to help, but not in the way you're asking. Good luck, either way!

This helps alot thank you for your insight, though i understand the sketchy nature of logging in on a survey but this response might help more :)