Photosynthesis with lightbulb light?

Anjruu

I remember reading an experiment on this, though 5614 has already accurately provided the answer, that the folowing conditions will yield to greater photosynthesis:

- Position of bulb [closer > farther]

- Intensity of bulb [higher watts > lower watts]

- Colour [red bulb > green bulb]

All of which are fairly obvious when you follow the basic principles of photosynthesis.

Interesting, in an old experiment book I have it details using Gro-light bubls to help grow plants (the actual experiment is focused on determining electromagnetic waves' effects on plants, the blub jsut helps them grow).

Still seems like artificial light can help plants grow, just has to be the right type.

Marijuana?

Marijuana is not a fussy plant to grow...its a "weed" that grows everywhere.

And light bulbs can certainly be used to grow plants, as hydroponics teach us. Artificial lighting, set to the right frequency is great to start seedlings growing, away from potentially harsh, outdoor conditions.

Well i grow my aquatic plants entirely under artificial light. The only thing that matters is the kelvin rating and amount of watts. Plants obviously reflect the green part of the spectrum and use the red and blue parts. but if you did happen to have enough light of any part of the spectrum photosynthesis can happen. you can kind of eye the kelvin rating, the redder, oranger or yellower the lower the rating. probably below 6000k will be noticiably different. the higher the kelvin rating the whiter or bluer it gets.

Different parts of the spectrum affect plants differently. I dont know specifically about terrestrial plants, but aquatic plants the higher end of the spectrum has more to do with the rootoing and pigment production of the plants. while the lower end has to do with matruity and reproduction of the plants. as the water gets deeper light from the blue end of the spectrum is absorbed by the water since it has the shortest wavelength. so plants developed didfferent pigments to utilize different parts of the spectrum.