Kiss The Ground:

beecee

Kiss the Ground is a full-length documentary narrated by Woody Harrelson that sheds light on an “new, old approach” to farming called “regenerative agriculture” that has the potential to balance our climate, replenish our vast water supplies, and feed the world. 

https://kisstheground.com/

https://kissthegroundmovie.com/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=pmd_sXZwpzlLiKcpMB4MO_lqAHkwgBgHg6fEZcHvv2F_LCU-1634936908-0-gqNtZGzNAhCjcnBszQgl

Kiss the Ground reveals that, by regenerating the world’s soils, we can completely and rapidly stabilize Earth’s climate, restore lost ecosystems and create abundant food supplies. Using compelling graphics and visuals, along with striking NASA and NOAA footage, the film artfully illustrates how, by drawing down atmospheric carbon, soil is the missing piece of the climate puzzle.

comments? Is this, as the narrative suggests, the silver bullet to control climate change? I certainly hope all the delegates and leaders at the upcoming Glasgow  climate change conference have this information on hand.

1 hour ago, beecee said:

I certainly hope all the delegates and leaders at the upcoming Glasgow  climate change conference have this information on hand.

So do I. 

It has made a huge difference to my little piece of earth that was once classed as 'Dryland' and and what I feel is a great example of bottom up action, doing what you can where you are-tackling the issues you see in front of you from that more intimate understanding.

Big tech/corporations have a lot to answer for in modern farming practices and agriculture education- and no doubt too many other areas. I have little faith in top down solutions that view agriculture from a monolithic/objective perspective.

Australian Farmers for climate action are ensuring the information has been made available. If its kept to hand we will have to see.

Edited by naitche

On 10/23/2021 at 8:18 AM, beecee said:

comments? Is this, as the narrative suggests, the silver bullet to control climate change? I certainly hope all the delegates and leaders at the upcoming Glasgow  climate change conference have this information on hand.

I don't know if its any kind of silver bullet, I do think it an important part of the puzzle.

The Nationals here in Aus. have agreed to net zero by 2050 after holding out this long. I'm sure  Farmers For Climate Action has played a large part, supporting   that change. 

That information and more, like the feeding of seaweed to Ruminants, is being amassed by farmers eager to do their bit and contribute. The pressure applied to the Nationals from within is one result. Bottom up.

Weather delegates are able to process the information provided well enough  to incentivize  replication and further innovation, new direction in farming remains to be seen.

The top down solutions proposed by many seem to focus more on what should be discarded or made redundant, than recognition  of that kind of response-ability and potential. What to sacrifice, not what can be modified locally, without the more intimate 'local' understanding of  the bits discarded or any potential they may have had. .

The puzzle is too big and complex to be seen from a single perspective. 

I  hope the perspective generated by the conference understands that well enough to take direction from participants of the puzzle, rather than just promoting their redundancies.

11 minutes ago, naitche said:

I don't know if its any kind of silver bullet, I do think it an important part of the puzzle.

The Nationals here in Aus. have agreed to net zero by 2050 after holding out this long. I'm sure  Farmers For Climate Action has played a large part, supporting   that change. 

That information and more, like the feeding of seaweed to Ruminants, is being amassed by farmers eager to do their bit and contribute. The pressure applied to the Nationals from within is one result. Bottom up.

Weather delegates are able to process the information provided well enough  to incentivize  replication and further innovation, new direction in farming remains to be seen.

The top down solutions proposed by many seem to focus more on what should be discarded or made redundant, than recognition  of that kind of response-ability and potential. What to sacrifice, not what can be modified locally, without the more intimate 'local' understanding of  the bits discarded or any potential they may have had. .

The puzzle is too big and complex to be seen from a single perspective. 

I  hope the perspective generated by the conference understands that well enough to take direction from participants of the puzzle, rather than just promoting their redundancies.

Well said!