accue puncture

reyam200

Its actually spelled acupuncture and was used by ancients chinese more than 2000 years ago. i think its targets pressure points and is shown to relieve pain and many more symptons, including addiction, headache and stroke recovery. Many of these cure may be to placebo effect but it probably, and most likely, helps in other ways too.

it involves using many needles inserted into the body to target certain spots "known" to help. I dont think it is proven scientifically, but it is shown to work.

YT2095, it was used 2000 years ago, like justsuit said, and that was their explanation back then. I mean, that is "still" the explanation, but yoga is also supposed to unleash the chi, or whatever, while in reality it is stretching and good exercise. Same idea.

The way acupuncture was explained to me was the really long nerve cells in your body, when they have a needle stuck in one place, they stop aching in another, or they stop telling you to go smoke, or something along those lines. It doesn't really make sense when I look at it written here, but there you go.

The Wikipedia link on Medical acupuncture

Many years ago a friend who was learning accupuncture as an adjunct to his chiropractic practice showed me some of the things he had learned. He placed a 3/4 inch needle in the fleshy web between my thumb and forefinger and another just above my elbow and it made the entire forearm go numb. I was very surprised such a long needle could go into the flesh with no pain.

Yeah, the idea of "nerves"is a very recent one. I imagine that the ancient Chinese found out that acupuncture worked, through very painful trial and error, and adapted an idea to it. If you think about it, "energy" flowing through "meridians" sounds very similar to "signals" traveling through "nerves". The whole yin-yang thing was adapted or created to explain why it works. Balancing energy, yin energy, yang energy, its like what my bio teacher told us about Lemarckism: the only thing wrong with it is that it was wrong. Or, in other words, its a very intelligent idea that works insofar as it explains what happens, however, it is totally incorrect.

Meditation(relaxing) will help to increace mental disapline, slow your breathing and heart rate, so you get more oxygen per breath and more blood is pumped per beat(incresess efficency), this helps alot of ways. increase in immune system efficency, helps to your body remove toxins(through the liver and kidnies) and help you to have a sound mind. meaning not tring to go everyware at once(adhd, add, ect.) and focus.

and the streaching helps you to be flexable, and tone muscles

good posture is important.

I actually have meditated from time to time, I think it may have benefits as a stress reducer. Stress has been shown to have a large number of deleterious effects on the body such as decreased immune system effectiveness, increased or decreased body weight, I think if stress is the source of these problems in people suffering from them meditation could be effective as a relaxation technique.

Actually, they did a study where the acupuncture showed a higher level of pain relief than a placebo-type drug. But one of the controls was to stick needles randomly into the body, which had an effect equivalent to the acupuncture. So the chakra thing apparently doesn't matter, but ironically, your body appears to be predisposed to sticking sharp objects in it for pain relief.