Why did you join Science Forums?

JasmineReedTheAuthor

Because I like to argue, and get under people's skin ...

No seriously, you go through life and you see things in a certain, limited perspective.
Sometimes you become 'blinded' to other perspectives, so it's a good idea to open up to differing points of view, and maybe open others eyes as to your point of view. We don't know what we're missing until it is pointed out to us.

But mostly, it is because I like science, and learning in general.
I have learned quite a bit here, and I like to think I've also disseminated some knowledge.

I joined because I wanted to broaden my amateur Physics knowledge, people in this forum have done a tremendously good job at doing so over the years. I only wish I could  have avoided the pollitics and religion parts of the forum, I've lost significant amount of time in those.

15 hours ago, MigL said:

No seriously, you go through life and you see things in a certain, limited perspective.
Sometimes you become 'blinded' to other perspectives, so it's a good idea to open up to differing points of view, and maybe open others eyes as to your point of view. We don't know what we're missing until it is pointed out to us.

I have learned quite a bit here, and I like to think I've also disseminated some knowledge.

Indeed, as do I...

15 hours ago, koti said:

I joined because I wanted to broaden my amateur Physics knowledge, people in this forum have done a tremendously good job at doing so over the years. I only wish I could  have avoided the pollitics and religion parts of the forum, I've lost significant amount of time in those.

You've lost a significant amount of respect in those, as have I...

I only wish, I was more respectful. 

I was the admin of a science forum that shut down last May.   I came here because I really missed the online forum experience,  and this one offered a similar mix of science,  philosophy,  and issues of the day.   There's nothing quite like interacting with curious lively minds that value scientific learning and the big questions.

In the words of a conspicuous member of these forums:

On 10/14/2021 at 11:52 PM, MigL said:

A big part of it was that I was under confinement at the time, and for some reason I still don't get, parks and open spaces with perfect ventilation and solar UV exposure (that I used to visit with my bike or just walking) became extremely dangerous for the authorities (I love to get lost and see a minimum amount of members of my own species). 

Serendipity.