I fear the Republicans are going to treat my liberal Homosexuality approving Muslim friends like the Jews in 1940s Germany if they regain power in 2024

CmdrShepSpectre2183

5 hours ago, CmdrShepSpectre2183 said:

How worried should I be for my Muslim friends?

You already have examples of both attitudes and government policy enacted while TFG was in office that you can look at to inform you. 

7 hours ago, CmdrShepSpectre2183 said:

How worried should I be for my Muslim friends?

The Extremists driving the GOP agenda these days appear to admire the Taliban, so perhaps your friends could pretend to be something they aren't. 

If your friends tolerate homosexuality, it will be seen as weak, not what "real men" tolerate. This will be a big problem with the Extremists in the GOP. They want to define masculinity in very restrictive ways, and part of that is being physically aggressive and violent, not afraid to smack folks around to get your way. They believe people listen to you when your hands are around their throats.

The Republican Party is in big trouble with the electorate as people urbanize, get better educated, and learn more about living in a society. As their numbers dwindle, they're lashing out, trying to find ways to reduce the electorate by restricting who can vote, or where or when you can vote. In many cases, they're just refusing to acknowledge votes that don't go in their favor, even when certified by their own, even when audited over and over. In denying reality and replacing it with conspiracy, they can pretend to be their own version of justice warrior, fighting for Democracy as long as their party always wins.

And as far as toting your gun around goes, you're just giving them what they want, an excuse to shoot you as the aggressor. You won't be seen as a comrade in arms, you'll be the armed person who loves gays and Muslims and hates 'Murica.

I don't think the dangerous potential of the "Trump Won" extremists is being overstated. Just as we saw in the Capitol riot this January, we're not taking them seriously enough, and they're getting stronger for it. And that means our democracy is weakening under the attack as the extremists thirst for a modern civil war.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 5:44 AM, CmdrShepSpectre2183 said:

How worried should I be for my Muslim friends? I will die fighting before I allow anyone to hurt them!

The have quite a record of hurting each other. Tolerance and democracy don't feature very highly in the actual doctrines of Islam. Although individual people and countries can obviously be far less authoritarian than others. 

But I would say that your Muslim friends would be far safer under the Republicans, than under the Taliban.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:44 PM, CmdrShepSpectre2183 said:

As a gun loving but tolerant independent should I be afraid of the "Trumpers"?

My first thoughts after reading that were "As a gun loving but tolerent Trump supporter, should I be afraid of those that see themselves as independent or a Biden supporter"  

Why are Americans so damn infatuated with their guns/rifles/semi automatic rifles/automatic rifles etc! 

On 10/15/2021 at 12:44 AM, Phi for All said:

I don't think the dangerous potential of the "Trump Won" extremists is being overstated. Just as we saw in the Capitol riot this January, we're not taking them seriously enough, and they're getting stronger for it. And that means our democracy is weakening under the attack as the extremists thirst for a modern civil war.  

Surely Americans would not be crazy enough to ever let any party led by this arrogant Trump, within cooee of ever being in power again? If that happened, it maybe time for the rest of us to say three Hail Mary's, or the whole bloody rosary!!!