My belief on Genetic Chromosomes (Right or Wrong)?

The Researcher

No, that is not how things generally work. First, you cannot change all chromosomes in a developed individual. Each of your cells carries the complete genome so you would basically need to change the DNA of all your cells in your body (with few exceptions). The second issue is that reproductive organs are developed early on in life. 

What can be done is to mimic steroid of either sex by hormone therapy.

57 minutes ago, jimmydasaint said:

Sorry to wreck your party but your Speculations belong in the dedicated thread. At least please look up your topic on Wikipedia before posting. 

Good luck with the answers. 

I don’t have a clear understanding and when I try to find information, none occur. That’s why I post.

4 hours ago, CharonY said:

Each of your cells carries the complete genome so you would basically need to change the DNA of all your cells in your body (with few exceptions).

Change DNA…. I have heard that CRISPR can be a tool? How about RNA as a tool?

What are the exceptions that you say?

4 hours ago, CharonY said:

The second issue is that reproductive organs are developed early on in life.

My goal is to get pregnant and birth a child successfully. I am trying to acquire female organs without usage of immunosuppressants. I have a hunch that Stem Cell Therapy can be a tool?

Please let me know your thoughts.

2 hours ago, iNow said:

My thoughts? The therapy you need is psychological, not genetic. 

Are you saying I’m crazy?!

2 hours ago, zapatos said:

In what way?

I am not sure…. This was from 2012 before…. I’m only speculating… That’s why I’m here, to look for answers.

1 hour ago, The Researcher said:

Are you saying I’m crazy?!

Perhaps you are. Perhaps you aren’t. I have no idea, and I truly don’t care… but No. That is not what I’m saying.

I’m saying psychological therapy is more likely to lead you to a better more sustainable outcome than this (frankly ludicrous and ignorant) idea of yours that you can change all your genes from XY to XX and start menstruating and have a baby. 

‘It’s so ridiculous, in fact, that I consider you to be trolling and will feed you no longer. 

42 minutes ago, iNow said:

It’s so ridiculous, in fact, that I consider you to be trolling and will feed you no longer.

Listen to me you weakling! Crazy people innovate okay?! Don’t you dare call me a troll! This is considered Cyber Bullying! If you saw my About Me section, you will know me better! I want to empower myself! Got that?! You really hurt my feelings! To be honest I shouldn’t even be studying this field! I should’ve been born a girl and become a female athlete as well as a wonderful mother! Just like how I was originally meant to be so! YOU DONT KNOW GENDER DYSPHORIA!

Look at this post i made yesterday and think twice before you come at me with this crap! 🖕 

HAVE A LOUSY DAY!

1 hour ago, zapatos said:

I think we can all agree on that point. You are in over your head and should move on to some other endeavor.

Please don’t make me upset more than what I already am. It’s my life my decision. I came here to get insight. Not to argue. I have strong desire to be a biological mother. People have to accept that. I am what I want to be. Not what others tell me to be.

9 hours ago, The Researcher said:

I have strong desire to be a biological mother. People have to accept that.

When it comes to biology, strong desires to do things often aren't sufficient, and you likely have to accept that. 

YOU: Hi everyone! I want your honest opinions.

US: Okay, this is what I think.

YOU: No, that's not the opinion I want!!

Edited by iNow

9 hours ago, The Researcher said:

Please don’t make me upset more than what I already am. It’s my life my decision. I came here to get insight. Not to argue. I have strong desire to be a biological mother. People have to accept that. I am what I want to be. Not what others tell me to be.

We all accept you have a strong desire to be a biological mother. This place is much more accepting of who you are biologically than most places you'll venture into.

What we are telling you is that your educational background and your approach of teaching yourself will never lead to your goal of having a child.

Perhaps you should instead focus your energies on finding scientists who are already doing the type of research you are interested in and ask them if they can help you.

If I want a special type of aircraft that has never been created before I don't try to build it myself, I talk to people who specialize in aircraft research and design.

10 hours ago, The Researcher said:

To be honest I shouldn’t even be studying this field!

To be brutally honest, you aren't. I know you've stated that traditional learning isn't your thing, but the areas you're interested in are extremely deep and interconnected with other branches of science, and it's almost impossible to study effectively without a regimented coursework designed to help you learn the knowledge you need in the best sequences. 

The pushback you're getting in this thread is mostly because you're asking us to help you do something in the most difficult way possible. It's like you asked for our help in getting from your home to Washington DC, but you only want to do it by swinging from tree branches. Perhaps you can see how this looks from our perspective? It seems unnecessarily difficult and we have to wonder if it's helpful to encourage you, and we also wonder if you aren't ultimately joking (because yes, what you're asking for is going to be impossible-adjacent).

But in any case, let's stay civil and avoid lashing out. Clarity is important here.

12 hours ago, The Researcher said:

I should’ve been born a girl and become a female athlete as well as a wonderful mother! Just like how I was originally meant to be so! 

It's possible that you have too many assumptions here,  not that they're all bad ones.   Nothing wrong with dreams.   However, it's worth asking why you assume that anyone born a girl is meant to be an athlete or a mother.   It's not a duty, you know.  Some women have very fulfilling lives not mothering or zipping around a track.   No one has programmed you to be anything, you are a free person,  and you probably can choose among many life goals and find ones that both fit and are realistic.   You don't need to melt down when people ask you to consider biological reality before making important life goals.   People who offer reality checks are friends.   People who feed you nonsense and go along with delusions are not real friends,  and I would distance myself from them. 

I wanted to be a jazz pianist at one point.   And I do okay on a piano.   But I have short fingers and stiffness in both hands due to a couple automotive accidents and a fall from a roof.  And,  TBH, I lack talent.   So I'm never going to play The Blue Note,  and that's okay.  Life has much to offer.  Keep your mind open. 

2 hours ago, zapatos said:

Perhaps you should instead focus your energies on finding scientists who are already doing the type of research you are interested in and ask them if they can help you.

If I want a special type of aircraft that has never been created before I don't try to build it myself, I talk to people who specialize in aircraft research and design.

Yes, Yes, YES this is what I want to do! I always wanted to meet someone who would say “Leave the Impossible Science To Me. You go on and do your athletic career.”

You are right. I can’t do it alone, and I should not.

The big question now is Where do I find these scientists? What keywords should I google?

Thank you very much for the insight!

2 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Clarity is important here.

You are right! My approaches to this weren’t clear.

1 hour ago, MigL said:

Beliefs have no place in science.

That’s why I made this post. To get clarity and remove the foggy beliefs I had about this matter.

I have a goal but I’m overwhelmed by the foggy beliefs and wrong assumptions that I don’t know where to start.

At least this was the case.