Transgender Woman Pregnancy Pioneering

I want to study science with the intention of being able to get pregnant and birth a child. 

Is Biology the field I should study?

I have ideas of using either stem cell or gene therapy to be able to grow a uterus thus eliminating chance of immunorejection. 

Now the question is where do I get started?

What materials do I need, where can I get them?

Biology, chemistry, anatomy, basically what a medical doctor would study. I think interest is only going to grow, so you'll probably have lots more help in the near future.

Here's a study from a few years back: https://obgyn.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1471-0528.15438

Despite a number of anatomical, hormonal, fertility, and obstetric considerations that require consideration, there is no overwhelming clinical argument against performing UTx as part of GRS. However, the increased radicality associated with the retrieval operation, including a longer vaginal cuff and more extensive ligamentous dissection, potentially necessitates the use of deceased donors. Alternatively, F2M transgender men may offer an alternative donor pool should they accept the increased risk compared with standard hysterectomy. Prior to undertaking UTx in transgender women, further research should be undertaken including cadaveric retrieval and implantations to assess the feasibility of the anatomical considerations discussed herein. Furthermore, it is recommended that animal studies are revisited to identify potential unknown risks and determine whether genetic males can successfully conceive and maintain pregnancy.

Is there a path to such couples having children which are their biological offspring?  What I mean is, if a cis-male and a trans-female wish to have children that share both their genes, then you would need to create an egg with haploid nuclear material from the former cis-male (I presume that would be from sperm she had donated/stored prior to SA surgery?)  And then you would have both parents with XY chromosomes, so that seems to raise some technical problems, too, at least 25% of the time.  Seems like you would need some kind of sorting process of sperm, if the objective was a fifty/fifty chance of either gender of the child, and not getting a double-Y (which sounds nonviable).  And then there would be the fact that the egg's mitochondrial DNA would be...my head is starting to ache. 

9 hours ago, TheVat said:

And then you would have both parents with XY chromosomes, so that seems to raise some technical problems, too, at least 25% of the time.  Seems like you would need some kind of sorting process of sperm, if the objective was a fifty/fifty chance of either gender of the child, and not getting a double-Y (which sounds nonviable).  And then there would be the fact that the egg's mitochondrial DNA would be...my head is starting to ache. 

I’m also aiming to change my chromosomes to XX. Yes, my gender dysphoria is monumental. Thanks for the heads up though :)

12 hours ago, Phi for All said:

I think interest is only going to grow, so you'll probably have lots more help in the near future.

Tell me, do I need to get a degree and do I need a high school diploma? Or should I just tackle it through online research alone?

11 hours ago, The Researcher said:

Tell me, do I need to get a degree and do I need a high school diploma? Or should I just tackle it through online research alone?

The answer is so obvious, it makes me wonder why you bring it up. If you're sincere in this I wish you well. 

8 hours ago, Phi for All said:

The answer is so obvious, it makes me wonder why you bring it up.

I ask because everything after the pandemic has changed. Also the last time I went to school was back in 2011. I couldn’t finish high school because of severe anxiety… You can say that I have been living under a rock.

39 minutes ago, The Researcher said:

I ask because everything after the pandemic has changed.

I think Phi's point was that if you have to ask if a high school diploma is enough education to pioneer transgender women pregnancies, then perhaps you are simply trolling us. 

So, you want to engage in advanced genetics experimentation where you convert someone born with XY chromosomes into someone who instead has XX chromosomes and you wonder if education beyond high school is required? Forgive us for not taking you seriously. 

4 hours ago, iNow said:

So, you want to engage in advanced genetics experimentation where you convert someone born with XY chromosomes into someone who instead has XX chromosomes and you wonder if education beyond high school is required?

I assume that I must go beyond regular education to get to my endeavours… So be it.

Life is not easy but I won’t give up.

@Phi for AllThank you for the insight!