Is Boris Johnson an Idiot?

Der_Neugierige

I must confess I'm at a loss at defining what makes a good politician, in the sense that @MigL has used as a definition, which I think is quite appropriate for starters. But I suspect it's a lot more about wiles than it is about pure intelligence. I very seriously doubt that we will ever meet a successful politician that's a problem-solving whizz, or a paragon of creativity, or a master at engineering economic miracles. I also think there's an element of unpredictability. Enough people must like you --the hairdo, the way you speak or even smirk may play a part there--, and then you must manage to get some work done, so I suppose being able to spot the right people for the "real" job is a big part of it.

I tend to see leading politicians as the final decision for the logo of your car make, TBH.

Something like this, I suppose:

243313718_418148816562721_83438079999249

1 hour ago, John Cuthber said:

Most of the people in the UK didn't vote for him or his party.

It doesn't seem to matter who we vote for, we always end up with 'the government'...

And some idiot that doesn't understand what 'I' need.

The brits only wanted their brexit because of indepence. Thats very simple minded.

But I have to admit my country, Switzerland, also has a lot of idiotic people. Seems there are stupid people anywhere. We have on of the lowest vacciation rate of Europe! Guess why!

You can really say if someone is rather stupid, average or intelligent just by their words and actions! 

I do personally believe Boris Jonson to be idiot, because of what he says and does. Of course we all make mistakes and have to learn, but some people have bad genetic if it comes to intelligence.

And yes my personal opinion is Boris Jonson has not the best genetics. 

17 minutes ago, Der_Neugierige said:

On 10/1/2021 at 2:39 PM, dimreepr said:

People aren't stupid, but they're easily lead...

Wouldnt say most people to be stupid, rather ignorant and bad educated.

Edited by Der_Neugierige

38 minutes ago, Der_Neugierige said:

But I have to admit my country, Switzerland, also has a lot of idiotic people. Seems there are stupid people anywhere. We have on of the lowest vacciation rate of Europe! Guess why!

I blame the excessive chiming of cuckoo clocks.   

On 10/1/2021 at 10:54 AM, Intoscience said:

How do you know all this about him? Do you know him or any of his peers, family or friends personally? 

I doubt you become the leader of a political party, then on to be prime minister, without some intellectual attributes. 

He may not portray himself in a way that is fitting for his position, maybe for a number of reasons. But you cannot judge his integrity and intelligence based on his public appearance or media portrayal. 

Just saying that's all.   

Donald Trump was president of the US. A total moron. 

Public appearance of Jonson? I dont mean how he looks, I mean what he says, his words. 

Edited by Der_Neugierige

2 hours ago, Der_Neugierige said:

The brits only wanted their brexit because of indepence. Thats very simple minded.

It was also engineered. By non-stupid, non-simple-minded strategists like Boris Johnson.

This is a quote from a an article in Politico, in June of 2016.  

As a journalist in the 1990s, Johnson was instrumental in making the EU an object not just of fear but of mockery, with his stories about bumbling bureaucrats and bendy bananas. As a campaigner, he put a cheerful, optimistic face on Brexit — and made it much harder for Remain to label the Leave side as a bunch of backward-looking xenophobes, as they did in the first EU referendum in 1975. Johnson will surely seize the spoils of victory by succeeding David Cameron as prime minister.

4 minutes ago, Der_Neugierige said:

Sorry folk, I just learnt that I should not judge other peoples cognitive abilities. In future I wont tell my opinion. 

Not judging other's, doesn't mean you can't ask question's of them...

1 hour ago, Der_Neugierige said:

Sorry folk, I just learnt that I should not judge other peoples cognitive abilities. In future I wont tell my opinion. 

!

Moderator Note

Since you're not a cognitive expert, your opinion of other people's cognitive abilities is meaningless, so that's probably a great decision. Perhaps you can learn to view people from another perspective that doesn't have such a negative impact on your own life.

I'm closing this because it's just going to attract those who haven't learned what you have.