Rape Arousal

ku

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rape is about power and control over a woman, fueled by sexual desire. Imagine a guy who is doesn't have much to live for. He is poor, unattractive, untalented, and he has lived a hard life, most likely victimized himself. Women seem cruel to him because he doesn't get the time of day from them. He fantasizes about taking control of them and just taking what he wants. Eventually he might try to fulfill his fantasy.

Imagine another man, who is thoroughly narcissistic; he is completely self-absorbed and only thinks of himself. Since he is so self-absorbed he has trouble empathizing with other people. Woman are just objects of desire; it never dawns on him that they are people or he is simply to self-absorbed for him to comprehend it. He likes control and it angers him when he doesn’t get what he wants. He may be sadist and enjoy inflicting pain on others. He is also likely to appear normal to other people, just another guy. If he is in a situation with a woman where she turns down, he may decide to take control over her; show her whose boss and get what he wants.

agreed, it`s entirely a control thing, and nothing to do with "Sex", any more than an alcoholic drinks because he`s thirsty.

inversely, those that ARE in power (doctors, Lawyers, politicians and such) tend to opt for the more submissive roles during their "time out" sessions, but then again they can afford to pay for it, the ineffectual often cannot and so Take It.

Rape is about power and control over a woman' date=' fueled by sexual desire. Imagine a guy who is doesn't have much to live for. He is poor, unattractive, untalented, and he has lived a hard life, most likely victimized himself. Women seem cruel to him because he doesn't get the time of day from them. He fantasizes about taking control of them and just taking what he wants. Eventually he might try to fulfill his fantasy.

Imagine another man, who is thoroughly narcissistic; he is completely self-absorbed and only thinks of himself. Since he is so self-absorbed he has trouble empathizing with other people. Woman are just objects of desire; it never dawns on him that they are people or he is simply to self-absorbed for him to comprehend it. He likes control and it angers him when he doesn’t get what he wants. He may be sadist and enjoy inflicting pain on others. He is also likely to appear normal to other people, just another guy. If he is in a situation with a woman where she turns down, he may decide to take control over her; show her whose boss and get what he wants.[/quote']

You are ignoring the fact that men get raped as well.

Imagine looking for and reading some really professional studies on rape, ones in which they actually tried to find out what was going on instead of adhering to some doctrine or dogma. This alone is a good reason why older journal articles need to be available for a lot less than 6 US dollars or even 20 US dollars each.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the reason one would want to rape a woman is that one can watch her scream and fight back. One could think that would be erotic. Maybe it could be like an anime cartoon where they begin to like it. At first they find it strange, but the more one has sex with them, and try to make it feel good, the more they like it.

Why do rapists rape? Why are some people aroused by discomfort in others? Is there an evolutionary explanation? Is this behavior learnt?

i remember seeing a documentry about this once... lesse if i can remember:

there are 4 main reasons that people rape:

1/ women arent really people: some rapists rape because they dont consider women to be real people, and so it doesnt matter to them if women get hurt or not.

2/ women are evil: some people rape because they hate women, and want to punish them (issues with ex-girlfriend/wife/mother?)

3/ women like it: some people rape because they genuinely bellieve that when a woman says 'no' she really means 'yes', but doesnt want to say yes because then she'd seem like a slut.

4/weekness: some people rape because they are too weak to controll their sex drive (im not sure about that one, but i think that was the fourth reason).

so power trip and sadism, iirc, wernt actually common reason that rapist rape.

as to the seeing people in discomfort being arousing: that, i think, is more to do with domanance/power trip than rape usually is.

actually iv just remembered: the above were about rape of a person who the rapist has never seen before; i imagine it would be different for someone who, for example, rapes his wife.

• 10 months later...
I think that for most cases it's not for the discomfort of others, but rather the "comfort" of the raper. There is also the S&M fetish stuff going on but...

There is no "S&M stuff" going on in rape. Rape is about on man's control/power issues with society. Rape is about anger and aggression. In rape, there is NO consent. Rape has nothing to do with eroticism or pleasure for either the rapist or victim.

S&M is consensual behavior. What you are referring to is "play rape." It has nothing to do real rape.

1/ women arent really people: some rapists rape because they dont consider women to be real people' date=' and so it doesnt matter to them if women get hurt or not.

2/ [u']women are evil[/u]: some people rape because they hate women, and want to punish them (issues with ex-girlfriend/wife/mother?)

3/ women like it: some people rape because they genuinely bellieve that when a woman says 'no' she really means 'yes', but doesnt want to say yes because then she'd seem like a slut.

Arn't men raped as well? Would these same things apply in a situation where a man was raped?

Arn't men raped as well? Would these same things apply in a situation where a man was raped?

Rape has more to do with the rapist's anger issues than the victim's sex. So, yes, men can get raped for the same reasons(not the reasons you quoted).

Rape has more to do with the rapist's anger issues than the victim's sex. So, yes, men can get raped for the same reasons(not the reasons you quoted).

Of course; I meant those reasons with the word(s) women replaced with men.

"If it wasn't for date rape, I would never get laid"

:rolleyes:

Leads me to enlarge on Dak's first category:

For some people, the pursuit of selfish pleasure is their prime motivation. They probably see a living sex object as a step up from an inflatable doll.

Perhaps all potential and actual rapists should get a super lifelike blow-up robotic type as therapy?

:rolleyes:

Leads me to enlarge on Dak's first category:

For some people' date=' the pursuit of selfish pleasure is their prime motivation. They probably see a living sex object as a step up from an inflatable doll.

Perhaps all potential and actual rapists should get a super lifelike blow-up robotic type as therapy?[/quote']

Or hookers,

I have always been very sceptical of the power/control hypothesis as the motivation for rape. I have read of some of the studies that came to this conclusion. Typically the researcher interviews rapists - usually in prison. Naturally the interviewee wants to do want the interviewer expects, and criminals in prison are usually very shrewd. They quickly work out what the interviewer is after and delivers it.

"Oh yes, I was motivated by a need for power and control."

Seems to me that if one is motivated purely by power and control, there are lots of other ways of displaying that rather than through a sex act. In fact, the desire to have sex with an attractive woman (or otherwise if the rapist is homosexual) is very powerful. This drive is lust, not power need.

If we treat the idea that power and control is the prime motive as a scientific hypothesis, then we need to proceed scientifically, and make testable predictions.

Here is one : 'If that hypothesis (power/control) is correct, then I predict that most rapes will be of people who are, for reason of age or disability, less able to resist. They are more vulnerable, and hence easier to dominate. On the other hand, if the prime motive for rape is pure lust, then I predict that most rapes will be of people who are in their maximum sexual attractiveness. For women, that means young, slim and trim. At their physical peak.'

This is testable. Simply find out what percentage of rapes of women is the victim young and attractive versus old or disabled.

Guess what? Most rapes are of young women.

I have always been very sceptical of the power/control hypothesis as the motivation for rape. I have read of some of the studies that came to this conclusion. Typically the researcher interviews rapists - usually in prison. Naturally the interviewee wants to do want the interviewer expects' date=' and criminals in prison are usually very shrewd. They quickly work out what the interviewer is after and delivers it.

"Oh yes, I was motivated by a need for power and control."

This is testable. Simply find out what percentage of rapes of women is the victim young and attractive versus old or disabled.

Guess what? Most rapes are of young women.[/quote']

Rape has nothing to do with age or looks. It has nothing to do with lust. It is not even in the "sexual" category. Rape is man's way of showing complete control over another. It is angry. It's like cutting someone's throat. There is no pleasure in it for either person as in normal sex. Old and ugly women get raped, too.

I know a lawyer whose client (rapist) told her the only reason he committed the rape was to get put in jail (three squares and a roof).

Rape has nothing to do with age or looks. It has nothing to do with lust. It is not even in the "sexual" category. Rape is man's way of showing complete control over another. It is angry. It's like cutting someone's throat. There is no pleasure in it for either person as in normal sex. Old and ugly women get raped, too.

Do you have proof of this, or just conjecture?