Starting my own institution of education

inbreeding

Sorry if this may seem like advertisement but it's not. I want to start my own education courses, but I lack resources and obviously one of them is knowledge and the other is how do I get around paying people to actually do a job they enjoy doing and they get rewarded for i? My courses will be a little different than most of the other universities. I rather not give away what will make mine different than others, but how do I get around this problem?

Obviously the other problems I'll face is official recognition and getting around red tape since that all tertiary providers are run by religious institutions 

The first obstacle sounds like the biggest. Wanting to educate others while lacking your own knowledge seems counterproductive. Why not start with a SINGLE, identifiable goal you can reach, and focus your efforts on that? Educating yourself, removing the gaps in your knowledge, and giving yourself more high-quality information to work with is one of the smartest things you could ever do. Ignorance is a spectrum, and we're all on it, and the more we can learn the better and more informed our choices are.

Does that make sense to you? 

9 hours ago, Phi for All said:

The first obstacle sounds like the biggest. Wanting to educate others while lacking your own knowledge seems counterproductive. Why not start with a SINGLE, identifiable goal you can reach, and focus your efforts on that? Educating yourself, removing the gaps in your knowledge, and giving yourself more high-quality information to work with is one of the smartest things you could ever do. Ignorance is a spectrum, and we're all on it, and the more we can learn the better and more informed our choices are.

Does that make sense to you? 

The problem with the courses is that they are like binge eating. It has also been cookie cuttered by someone else. Most people these days that get a degree don't clearly understand what it is they are reading. It's no different than preaching a religious text book. You have a man/women or binary person in front of a lecture theater and just regurgitates what is already scripted.

3 hours ago, inbreeding said:

The problem with the courses is that they are like binge eating. It has also been cookie cuttered by someone else. Most people these days that get a degree don't clearly understand what it is they are reading. It's no different than preaching a religious text book. You have a man/women or binary person in front of a lecture theater and just regurgitates what is already scripted.

I didn't ask you what the problem with "the courses is", if you go back and read what I wrote. That's how discussion works, we have a conversation, between multiple people. We don't sit here and listen while you stand on the table and rant. Forgive me, but I don't have the time to listen to you preach like this. If you want to discuss your idea, you need to actually engage with the people speaking to you. 

9 hours ago, inbreeding said:

If you don't read he script, you'll never understand what it's trying to teach.

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

If you don't read he script, you'll never understand what it's trying to teach.

Science is about reading what you read and questioning it and attempting to disprove it as well as understanding what it means. If you believe without questioning it, and that the world works in absolutes because a book told you so, that's no different than religion. If everything is scripted than it's designed so that all the imperfections are removed and that means that it's skipping steps and that everything looks and feels all the same...

Edited by inbreeding

15 minutes ago, inbreeding said:

Science is about reading what you read and questioning it and attempting to disprove it as well as understanding what it means. If you believe without questioning it, and that the world works in absolutes because a book told you so, that's no different than religion. If everything is scripted than it's designed so that all the imperfections are removed and that means that it's skipping steps and that everything looks and feels all the same...

Science, religion it makes no difference; it's only when you've understood the script, are you qualified to be critical of it.

Until then, your bias will overcome your critical thinking, whether your a priest or a scientist. 

• 4 months later...
On 9/15/2021 at 3:39 PM, inbreeding said:

As a teacher, I agree with you. Moreever I am very happy due to the aboundance of information about it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 2:48 AM, bendunk71 said:

As a teacher, I agree with you. Moreever I am very happy due to the aboundance of information about it.

I think every professional teacher has the power of thought like a scientist link hidden in a '.' removed by moderator What do you think about it?

Edited by Phi for All
No advertising, please.

2 hours ago, bendunk71 said:

I think every professional teacher has the power of thought like a scientistspam link hidden in a '.' removed by moderator  What do you think about it?

I think that statement makes no sense.

I also think that, for a teacher, you are not very good at spelling. 😁

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
12 hours ago, qgufmwa said:

I am also planning own institute, give us some tips and guides to me.

Is this institute of learning also based on courses that are different from those taught in mainstream universities? Is your plan to "correct" modern teachings based on the revelations you've personally uncovered?

• 2 weeks later...

There is a difference between knowing something and teaching it. And not all learning is done through a formal school.

But what I understand about you post is that you want to improve learning. Which you can do on a small scale. Become a teacher. But writing curriculum is another job. You can’t start a formal education without employees.

It is easy to say no boring assignments or standardized tests, but those are the necessary evil to measure and assess the students.

I agree with the others about learning the script.

I think some of your problem with current learning is the instructor and not the curriculum. I was taking courses to become certified as an adult editor and the instructor in one class failed me. Which I believed was unjustified. I retook the class and got an A or B. But the point is the instructor makes or breaks a class.

You don’t like the “boring assignments.” But it is only boring due to the instructor or students. Learning is fun. It is also a lot of work. You want it to be fun. The fun is a little bit more difficult to see in a formal setting.

When I read your post it sounds like a problem with a teacher. You want to become a better teacher. But “going by the script” is the only way. Concentrate on the material and what you would do to fix it. And keep your attitude towards the teacher friendly. They are in control of the classroom. You benefit in no way making them an adversary.

4 minutes ago, Trurl said:

There is a difference between knowing something and teaching it.

indeed, the difference is understanding; for instance, I know how a car works, but I couldn't teach you how to fix it...