Should ethuanasia institue be allowed to be in society of US?

ps2huang

I think there are some pessimism who always feel everything so pessimistic. Why don't we have some institutions that people could just pay and sign agreements so that they will be injected with a tube that is filled with chemicals--ethuanasia--that they will die eventrually and happily. Seriously, we don't need pessimisms in this world, letting them live on, it would only regress our progress of researching "how to extend life-span."

what? I couldn't understand you. I really don't know whether your saying we should kill all the pessimists in society or that we should allow people to kill themselves

I am trying to say we should let them kill themselves legally. But as a matter of fact, I wanna....[..]...them.

I forgot have they started fining the family for suicide yet? like they do in japan

ps2huang I don't think you understand the issue of euthanasia, the debate over its practice is more for people who know for a fact that they are going to die, and don't want to have to go through the pain that will come before their death.

For instance would you want to live sitting in a bed for several months with incurable radiation poisoning (don't know if this happens anymore) and watch your skin peal off and your body dying off around you. or would you just like to end it.

euthanasia is not about people wanting to kill themselves. People who really want to do that tend to find a way.

• 1 year later...

All this garbage about euthanasia being immoral is just plain and simple B.S.

How is letting someone who is going to die anyway in agony get a simple injection that lets them die painlessly immoral? I'll tell you how...it's not. I am willing to bet that one of the reasons that it is illegal is because it would mean that the government would have one less person to tax.

Furthermore, why is abortion legal but not euthanasia? In abortion you murder an innocent baby just because the mother was too stupid to use birth control. There is nothing moral about abortion.

I am willing to bet that one of the reasons that it is illegal is because it would mean that the government would have one less person to tax.
Or it could be that you create a huge opportunity for true murder when you allow someone to be killed because they *want* to die. You could pull off some pretty ingenious killings if you could simply *prove* someone asked you to do it.
Furthermore, why is abortion legal but not euthanasia? In abortion you murder an innocent baby just because the mother was too stupid to use birth control. There is nothing moral about abortion.
Strawman. We're not talking about abortion so bringing it up as an argument for or against euthanasia is a logical fallacy. It's also false to call all abortion murder because Roe v Wade has not been overturned in the US. I find it odd that you object to abortion on moral grounds but think it's "just plain and simple B.S" to apply the same argument to euthanasia.

Okay I'll admit that I should have left the abortion argument for another thread, the point I was trying to make was that there are things out there that are much more immoral than euthanasia that are legal. It's your life, not the church's, not the government's. If you want to die, you should have that right.

why can't they just jump off a tall building like everybody else. you can't be jailed for suicide.
I'm fairly sure you can be jailed for attempted suicide.

Euthanasia:

What happens if you have 1 million USD life insurance??

Belive it or not, insurance companies aren't absolute nimrods, and life insurance contracts have a clause in them to cover suicide.

ethuanasia is a chemicals that kill you right away.
You'll find posting on SFN a lot more enjoyable if you look up basic terms before posting.