Fencing around Capitol for Sept. 18 ?

Airbrush

If they put up fencing around the Capitol again, that will prevent the Trumpers from entering restricted Capitol property.  Instead the Capitol police should set up an ambush with no fences.  Warn them that they will be arrested if they enter restricted grounds.  When they do enter restricted grounds, they are surrounded by thousands of cops who pop out of nowhere, zip tie, and arrest everyone who defied the warning.

Might be easier to peel them off the fence if/when they try to climb over than to conceal thousands of police on the capitol grounds. Further problems such a move might entail: unnecessary casualties on both sides; escalation of hostilities; police defections with a resultants lack of cohesion in their ranks. The whole situation is so fraught right now, any incident can potentially set off a major confrontation. 

3 hours ago, Airbrush said:

If they put up fencing around the Capitol again, that will prevent the Trumpers from entering restricted Capitol property.  Instead the Capitol police should set up an ambush with no fences.  Warn them that they will be arrested if they enter restricted grounds.  When they do enter restricted grounds, they are surrounded by thousands of cops who pop out of nowhere, zip tie, and arrest everyone who defied the warning.

You are a typical Trumper. Quit promoting tactics that lead to police violence.

11 minutes ago, iNow said:

Sorry. Dumb question. What’s the relevance of January 18?

I'm pretty sure he meant September 18th.

Supporters of the insurrectionists charged following the riot at the Capitol will converge on Washington, D.C., on September 18th for a new rally, this one dubbed “Justice for J6.” The upcoming event is starting to take on the tenor of the ‘Save America’ rally that preceded the January 6th insurrection, both in the fervor of the Trump supporters expected to attend, and, according to a Capitol Policeintelligence memo obtained Wednesday by CNN, in the violent rhetoric circulating online as the rally draws near.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/justice-for-j6-rally-capitol-violence-1222120/

45 minutes ago, zapatos said:

I'm pretty sure he meant September 18th.

Ahh… of course. Thanks. I sort of stopped watching Lucy pull the football away from this particular Charlie Brown. 

First, Trump was to retake office on Inauguration Day, January 20. 

Then that came and went and he was to retake office on March 4. 

Then that came and went and he was to retake office on August 13. 

Now that’s come and gone so the date has slipped to September 13. 

PT Barnum was right. There’s a sucker born every minute. 

image.jpeg.29849e8546654d63c52c375fadb5590f.jpeg

9 minutes ago, iNow said:

Ahh… of course. Thanks. I sort of stopped watching Lucy pull the football away from this particular Charlie Brown. 

First, Trump was to retake office on Inauguration Day, January 20. 

Then that came and went and he was to retake office on March 4. 

Then that came and went and he was to retake office on August 13. 

Now that’s come and gone so the date has slipped to September 13. 

PT Barnum was right. There’s a sucker born every minute. 

image.jpeg.29849e8546654d63c52c375fadb5590f.jpeg

OT.

If you want to discuss Homo Teanderthalis...take it to the biology forum...😜

3 hours ago, zapatos said:

Yes, that is what I meant.  Can titles of discussions be edited?  If so moderator please correct the date for the next Capitol rally to Sept. 18th.

Is there a way to identify the rally attendees better this time, just in case they commit crimes?  Could they pass thru a checkpoint where they remove any mask for a minute to be photographed or identified?  Because the previous rally was a riot.

Edited by Airbrush

• CharonY changed the title to Fencing around Capitol for Sept. 18 ?
6 hours ago, Peterkin said:

.......unnecessary casualties on both sides; escalation of hostilities; police defections with a resultants lack of cohesion in their ranks. The whole situation is so fraught right now, any incident can potentially set off a major confrontation. 

Yes, I see what you mean.  To announce to the rally-goers that crossing a certain threshold is illegal and they will be arrested, and there is no fence to stop them, it will look like entrapment.  I guess they better have a fence, but the same amount of fencing as the Jan 6 rally?  I don't think as many people will attend this one, and they won't be as aggressive, considering they don't have Trump egging them on, and saying "I will be there with you."  Then he goes home and watches it on TV.  Maybe they don't need as much fencing and maybe no razor wire?

5 hours ago, zapatos said:

I am sooo not a Trumper.

Edited by Airbrush

7 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

Maybe they don't need as much fencing and maybe no razor wire?

Solid fencing, stalwart policing and absolutely no razor wire. What insane maniac invented that stuff?

1 hour ago, Airbrush said:

Could they pass thru a checkpoint where they remove any mask for a minute to be photographed or identified?

I don't see where you'd put a checkpoint and I imagine most of these people won't wear masks anyway. Just put up a few cameras.

8 hours ago, Peterkin said:

...razor wire. What insane maniac invented that stuff?

Concertina wire, sometimes referred to as USGI razor wire, was originally an impromptu design of soldiers in the first World War. They say that necessity is the mother of invention, and we think it's safe to say that in this case, the instinct of survival could certainly be credited as the father. 

https://colemans.com/surplus-guide/post/history-usgi-concertina-wire

Seems like it came from a clear-thinking, sound mind.

8 hours ago, Airbrush said:

I am sooo not a Trumper.

Don't see yourself short. You seem to have more in common with them than you realize.

Edited by zapatos

39 minutes ago, swansont said:

How do you have a checkpoint without fencing?

Fencing only to channel people through checkpoints with metal detectors, where they are identified and searched for weapons.  Like getting into Disneyland.

9 hours ago, Peterkin said:

I don't see where you'd put a checkpoint and I imagine most of these people won't wear masks anyway. Just put up a few cameras.

Several checkpoints, one on each street leading to the Capitol.  Sept. 18th will probably be hot, so maybe more people won't wear masks, agreed.  On Jan. 6th many people were wearing masks, helmets, goggles, hoodies, everything to conceal identities.  Yet hundreds were identified.  There were a number of cameras on the 6th, have more cameras for the 18th.

Does anyone think Sept. 18th will be as big a crowd as Jan. 6th?  My guess is no because of the many arrests on the 6th, and there was a lot of hype for the 6th we don't see now.   And you don't have Trump directing the crowd to the Capitol saying that he was coming with them.  They believed him, so they were emboldened.  They thought Trump would be there like Moses to part the Red Sea, and all the cops would join the Trumpers into the Capitol to overthrow the election and do whatever else they wanted to do.  When they realized that Trump was not there, it didn't matter because they really like the guy.

Edited by Airbrush

54 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

Fencing only to channel people through checkpoints with metal detectors, where they are identified and searched for weapons.  Like getting into Disneyland.

Which would have to surround the entire area, like Disneyland.

4 hours ago, swansont said:

Which would have to surround the entire area, like Disneyland.

Ok then, have that flimsy fencing that was there on Jan. 6th.  Just attach the pieces together more securely.  Anyone jumping the flimsy fence gets arrested.  Also have many more cameras, cops, and paddy wagons.

I don't know the DC area and thought you could put road blocks with check points on the streets leading to the Capitol building.  Is there a lot of wide open space around the Capitol building?

Edited by Airbrush

1 hour ago, Airbrush said:

I don't know the DC area and thought you could put road blocks with check points on the streets leading to the Capitol building.  Is there a lot of wide open space around the Capitol building?

These already exist. For about 20 years now. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Capitol

They add more when large crowds are expected

On 9/9/2021 at 3:47 PM, zapatos said:

When was the last time I promoted police violence?  Something I do often?  I'm not promoting anything, wise guy.  You make it sound like I'm arguing a view point for a violent confrontation at the Capitol, but I'm not.  I'm brain storming.  What's your plan for defending the Capitol? 

I already revised my plan.  Have the same kind of fencing as on Jan 6th (that won't hurt anyone) but fasten the segments together more securely so the rioters cannot pull them apart and club the cops with them.  Anyone who jumps the fence will be zip tied and put in the paddy wagon.  Even peaceful protesters are routinely zip tied and taken to the police station to be booked.  It's called "good trouble."

Anyone think the rally on Sept 18th will be as big or bigger than Jan 6th?

Edited by Airbrush