What is the real difference between science and philosophy?

dimreepr

8 hours ago, dimreepr said:

If we consider most people to be religious and I think the stats would support this, so real for most people is philosophy, on a background of science that they don't understand. 

Certainly most people are religious to one degree or another...by name anyway [even me by name that is] I have an hypothesis as to why that is....Convention...his parents were catholic, muslim or whatever...his parents parents were the same...ad infinitum. What do you think?

Edited by beecee

15 hours ago, beecee said:

Certainly most people are religious to one degree or another...by name anyway [even me by name that is] I have an hypothesis as to why that is....Convention...his parents were catholic, muslim or whatever...his parents parents were the same...ad infinitum. What do you think?

I think we tend to believe/trust what our village teaches us, especially when it's done with kindness; there's no reason to doubt.

That can be used to teach hate as easily as it can to teach love.

The problem's with teaching hate is, karma; the scientific term is, causation.

Science doesn't differentiate, but it does undermine, when pointing out discrepancies in two book's written thousands of year's apart that have been artificially shoehorned together; it's like shoehorning ptolemy and Einstein into one book and then saying "there you go, it's obviously all bollox."

Edited by dimreepr