hijack from Why is reddit full of dumb aholes?

empleat

On 7/8/2021 at 1:50 AM, DeepSeaBase said:

So my post that is researched and has sources and logical arguments gets downvoted? What's up with that?

Only on reddit? 😂 People decide always based on emotions at the end (except like instincts etc.) did you know that? And they use logic to justify their claims https://bigthink.com/experts-corner/decisions-are-emotional-not-logical-the-neuroscience-behind-decision-making

Just first random peoples which viewed it downvoted, because they are dumb... On reddit: you get either massively upvoted, or downvoted usually... Sadly topic is less viewed if first burst are downvotes... Reddit is shithole for posting anything else than interesting news...

On 7/8/2021 at 4:10 AM, zapatos said:

Hmm. Did you happen to call them 'dumb aholes' in your post? Because that could certainly get someone to downvote you.

Why you use this combative talking style and being sarcastic just because he doesn't have a rep? Never mind it was a rhetorical question... It is not very scientific claim something based on assumption... You have literally no idea what he said, so presumptuous as always! You need to first obtain that information, but you know that and instead you was sarcastic instantly... This is perfect example of elitism! Maybe you could try to engage with people arguments in good faith first, before doing this...

On 7/8/2021 at 4:31 AM, iNow said:

One of my favorite things ever is when someone feels wronged at a completely different location then comes to a totally separate, unconnected, and independent location where I happen be and then ask me why they were wronged at that other place elsewhere. It’s days like these that make me glad to be alive and cause me to seriously reconsider my lack of belief in god(s) or deities. Miracles like this simply cannot have materialistic explanations. 

I grant you that this is not most relevant/constructive post humankind had conceived, but! Maybe he is venting, maybe he wants a second hand opinion. What if both? It doesn't make this topic necessary uninteresting! And this is the lounge: I thought people can talk here about anything they want - with reasonable bounds ofc. Also on reddit if you ask this you get downvoted and no one will answer it... You only respond like this to low rep. people... BTW:

• why you even bother to comment on this, isn't that a irony?
  • why are you automatically so sarcastic?

Like are you insecure, or what? Do you have to prove something?

It is not even me and I Am a very rational person (confirmed) can link you myriad of another studies and I engage with peoples arguments... because I was checking other complex topics (especially from Philosophy) note: even one of most brilliant scientists like Stephen Hawking and Bill Nye don't understand Philosophy: https://qz.com/627989/why-are-so-many-smart-people-such-idiots-about-philosophy/ and peoples' topics get totally misinterpreted and other people try to force their opinion on them etc. or not taking their side very seriously! Why can't you just engage with arguments and talk facts, you manage always to avoid talking about anything relevant and instead commit to logical fallacies... You can link sources with hundreds of citations doesn't matter, you just AD hominem or something... Pinnacle of scientific discourse...

And this behavior is repeating in course of years from elitists on these forums, I see the same pattern all the time...

Again you can engage with anything I said, but you are too scared I think!

5 minutes ago, iNow said:

Yep. That’s it. You got me there. 

Again avoiding any discourse whatsoever and falling back to joke. Tactics used by insecure high-school teenagers LUL! So mature!

EDIT: what are you scared of, if I Am wrong and you are right? HUH? It is almost like you are scared!

Edited by empleat

If you were a man you would pick any of my previous topics and go into a discourse with me. And engage with my arguments, you have to give counter-arguments and evidence to disprove my claims, so far you didn't disprove anything! Because you don't care about time obviously, trash-talking all the time and using logical fallacies, that you can do... Go debate me on Free Will, or boredom, or decision-making etc. You are posing all the time and avoiding all discussing LOL, if anyone neutral looks at this, it is like you are almost scared! Or maybe you are just arrogant/ignorant...

Ok prove it, I dare you, I Am waiting on a prove! LOL projection: how unimaginative! How so? BTW you saw 1 post of me and now you know me and you are are psychoanalyzing me - sure buddy! I have bigger problems than some projection...

There is evidence these guys are doing it, I read many posts where they are completely missing a point repeatedly and acting pompous... Never engaging in direct argumentation!!! Did you even read anything of my post BTW? This guy called OP's post: shipost, yet he is responding to every post of sorts, how is that a projection? More like a factual information no? E.g. https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/92709-existential-boredom/#comments

Edited by empleat

Just now, zapatos said:

If you ever mature, we can have a proper discourse... I thought things like that stay in high-school but apparently it never gets better... You completely skipped everything I said and never read anything, never engaged anything, BTW that goes for previous posts too! I had +4 rep (from Philosophers which have more idea about these things than you, or others...) and because that one taboo post, you was scared: so defensive mechanisms caused you to behave like this, because you couldn't even consider such a terrible scenario -> I must be wrong... And then one guy started to stalk me to another posts of mine, arrogantly giving hot takes no reading whole discourse LOL... OK you little scientists you have no idea about Philosophy that much is clear, sometimes very smart people can thing they understand things, which they have no clue about: https://qz.com/627989/why-are-so-many-smart-people-such-idiots-about-philosophy/

PS: Smart people realize how much they do not know! You don't understand Logic and Philosophy LUL... I have many studies, but you wouldn't read anything so I won't even bother...

12 minutes ago, empleat said:

If you ever mature, we can have a proper discourse... I thought things like that stay in high-school but apparently it never gets better... You completely skipped everything I said and never read anything, never engaged anything, BTW that goes for previous posts too! I had +4 rep (from Philosophers which have more idea about these things than you, or others...) and because that one taboo post, you was scared: so defensive mechanisms caused you to behave like this, because you couldn't even consider such a terrible scenario -> I must be wrong... And then one guy started to stalk me to another posts of mine, arrogantly giving hot takes no reading whole discourse LOL... OK you little scientists you have no idea about Philosophy that much is clear, sometimes very smart people can thing they understand things, which they have no clue about: https://qz.com/627989/why-are-so-many-smart-people-such-idiots-about-philosophy/

PS: Smart people realize how much they do not know! You don't understand Logic and Philosophy LUL... I have many studies, but you wouldn't read anything so I won't even bother...

I don't even own a dog.

8 hours ago, empleat said:

Again avoiding any discourse whatsoever and falling back to joke. Tactics used by insecure high-school teenagers LUL! So mature!

EDIT: what are you scared of, if I Am wrong and you are right? HUH? It is almost like you are scared!

Oh really? I think it is because he is scared. 

12 hours ago, empleat said:

Why you use this combative talking style and being sarcastic just because he doesn't have a rep?

You're assuming two things here, that the style was "combative", and that it was done for a certain reason (no rep). I took zapatos' QUESTION about whether the phrase "dumb aholes" was used or not as a comedic one, not combative. It made me laugh when I read it, and it's actually well-written. I could see Jerry saying it to Kramer on Seinfeld.

13 hours ago, empleat said:

It is not very scientific claim something based on assumption... You have literally no idea what he said, so presumptuous as always! You need to first obtain that information, but you know that and instead you was sarcastic instantly... This is perfect example of elitism! Maybe you could try to engage with people arguments in good faith first, before doing this...

Again, zapatos asked a question. He didn't make a claim. He didn't assume anything. He was, in fact, trying to "obtain that information" by asking a question.

Why do you use this combative and fallacious talking style? And you go on and on and on, all based on behavior you're accusing someone else of. Your own arguments sound canned, like you have them waiting so you can apply them when you wish, even when they don't apply. Do you have some kind of vendetta?

19 hours ago, empleat said:

You have literally no idea what he said, so presumptuous as always!

!

Moderator Note

No, which makes perfectly reasonable to ask for clarification.

What is far less reasonable is to hijack a thread to engage in personal attacks. Hence the relocation of these posts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.