EMP's and the effect on the human body

reyam200

when i was a kid i was being stupid and took wires that were pluged into a regular outlet(110v) and connected them to a 6v battery in an attempt to charge it. there was a bright flash of light and i was knocked out, later i woke up on the ground VERY dizzy, ever since then ive bein able to feel the slightest electral charge. just by being near it. even as little as a 1.5v aa battery. my only theory was that this is the bodys natral defence to prevent that "shock" from happening again. i was only 10 at the time and didn't know you can't recharge a non-rachargeable battery. i haven't had any negative effects, witch was sruprising considering the power of an EMP that i experinced. i didn'y accualy get shocked, the wires were highly insulated and i didn't touch the metal.

i just want some opinions on the effects i have from it.(feeling electricty, the slightest amount)

when i was a kid i was being stupid and took wires that were pluged into a regular outlet(110v) and connected them to a 6v battery in an attempt to charge it. there was a bright flash of light and i was knocked out' date=' later i woke up on the ground VERY dizzy, ever since then ive bein able to feel the slightest electral charge. just by being near it. even as little as a 1.5v aa battery. my only theory was that this is the bodys natral defence to prevent that "shock" from happening again. i was only 10 at the time and didn't know you can't recharge a non-rachargeable battery. i haven't had any negative effects, witch was sruprising considering the power of an EMP that i experinced. i didn'y accualy get shocked, the wires were highly insulated and i didn't touch the metal.

i just want some opinions on the effects i have from it.(feeling electricty, the slightest amount)[/quote']

Hazarding a guess it sounds more psychological than anything...sometimes the body produces sensations when reminded of a trauma or bad experience, an example being hairs standing up on the back of the neck or arms.

I wouldn't say your body has become more sensitive to electrical currents, that wouldn't make sense. But it does sound like the experience has manifested into a warning signal when you're near an electrical appliance. Do you only get this sensation when you can actually see the source of electricity...or can you feel it before hand ?

i can feel it before hand, like one time when a lightning storm was about to happen, my whole body tingled a few hours before any lightning stroke. i could feel the static build up(thats probably normal). seeing the sorce does make the sensation stronger(which is understandable) i can feel electricty if im within about a meter of the sorce.

i think everyone can feel electricty. im probably just more aware of it because of that experince

Well I was gonna say something like what snail said but it was already said. Let me posit a theory and some possible tests of your hypothesis. You may have gotten electrocuted and it caused you to black out. If you had had 120V 15AMP AC on that battery for any amount of time it would have gotten very hot and possibly exploded or at least started leaking. Your dumping [MATH]P=IV=1800[/MATH] joules per second into a device filled with chemicals. The spark would not have produced a very large pulse. We could calculate how big of a gap this power source would jump. But remember saying it jumps is an illusion it actually ionizes air molecules first and then the sudden movement of these ions along a plasma path cause the spark. The light you see blue tells you something about how fast the ions are traveling when they collide with other air molecules. The net EMP from this should not be much larger magnetically than the field around the wire. The electric field was stronger for a moment and may have caused sympathetic electric currents in your brain. I think it can give a noticeable real effect but it is likely that you just got damn scared and so now you know not to play with electricity. I am not an expert on EM but I did have an EM fields course in college. Have you ever seen a lifter? Google lifter, now those things can ionize some molecules let me tell you.

Ok anyways some ways to test your ability.

1) A Blind Test- erect a piece of construction paper. Sit on one side and place your arm next to the paper. Now making sure you cannot tell when they are moving have a friend move a magnet towards and away from the paper. Then at several points have him say "now" and you have to say whether the magnet is close or far away from the paper. That would test sensitivity to static field. If you don't get over 66% on three consecutive trials its probably not significant. You can also have you say "moved" if you feel anything odd, he will be able to verify if he was actually moving the magnet when you said "moved". This would test sensitivity to the time dependent field and is more like an EMP. A sensitivity to magnetism: you may have some metal in your blood, magnetite in non lethal levels or something. Who knows? Anyways because you are so clever and perceptive it is important that you not be able to see your friend and not hearing him may also be good. To do that you must cover your eyes and ears, make sure there are no breezes moving as he moves. In this version you agree to start the experiment at a certain time and both of you log your movements. He/she might write

7:32 movement towards and away 15 seconds. And you might right 7:45 felt something. Then you can time correlate. It would be interesting if you really have this ability because some hypothesize that most people who claim to be psychic are sensitive to EM fields.

2) Electric fields: We are all sensitive to static electric fields through our hair follicles. Time dependent e-fields induce magnetic fields in objects. Unless you are properly trained I would stick with rubbing your socks on the carpet and reaching for the door knob.

You should test your theory though to see if it holds true. You will likely learn something about yourself and have some fun.

ever since then ive bein able to feel the slightest electral charge. just by being near it. even as little as a 1.5v aa battery.

what a crock of BS! are you sure that thing didn`t scramble your brain instead?

there will be no "long term" effect with such an incident, besides, it`s AC current and will "Throw" you whereas DC will make you "Stick" to it, that`s not saying it isn`t dangerous, of course it is. the majority of the deaths that occur are nothing to do with the electricity directly but the reaction people have to the shock (falling off a ladder, trying to move away and hitting something hard etc...).

there is NO Evidence to support that electrical current passing through a body will have ANY of the effects mentioned in the OP.

it`s just another one of his posts where he tries to make out that he`s "special" or "Different" to everyone else (probably has a low self esteem).

for example:

just for the record' date=' i don't claim to be psychic.[/quote']

well... did anyone here even Consider that as a possibility? NO!

but lets just plant a little "Seed" shall we, and see what happens.

Sheesh! get off the pot rayam200, you`re in the WRONG forum if you expect us to buy any of this tripe!

are you sure that thing didn`t scramble your brain instead?

of cource it would, just not in the way your implying. mabye my mind just creates the sensations, mabye not. the only way to figure it out is to experment, thats the scientific method.

1. Observation

2. Form a hypothesis

3. Test the hypothesis

that what im doing. my calims are not far out. everyone can feel EM fields.

you just hate anyone that thinks differently than you. anyone with a little imagination, enough you question what they see. "What if?" people should ask that more often.

you can't say somthing isn't true unless you have proof!

your to closed minded to accept anything new.

all im trying to do is test my theory, to either proove, or disproove it.

so don't yell at me for doing pure reasurch. ill test me for sensitivity to EM fields and other people.

LOL, smarter people than you have tried to claim all these things before and had them tested only to fail miserably, Don`t tell me there isn`t Proof of that, There IS!

just like in your bending a candle flame by will power post and the plethora of other such fantastic claims you spout off about with regards to your "powers", we`re a Science Forum, with REAL Scientists on board, who are you trying to kid here? LOL.

give it a break will ya!

This thread may have had a better home in the psychological forum, I remember seeing a documentary a while back about peole who have been hit by lightning, A large number of them claimed to get shivers whenever an electrical storm was coming in, it was presented as a fear reaction to lightning storms.

Its possible reyam your subconcious (or whatever controls these things) notices an exposed wire or something like that and you get scared (whatever you want to call it) of the wire and "feel" it.

never the less if there is anything to what your saying it would be psychological. It took my creating a 4 foot long oscilloscope antenna in order to get any electrical signal off of an insulated wire. Mind you these were heavy duty wires that carried several hundred watts, not the normal copper wire that your talking about.

i said that it is most likly psychological, i just would like to test it. and if i fail, than i fail. and they are not "Powers". its just i tingle when near electronics.(like CPL said, fear)

and the flame, i admit that was just the air movment.