Atomic Physics and thougts about gravity effecting time

Was the theory used to develop that time is effected by gravity were they based upon the use of an atomic clock? If so the electron has mass and thus it is effected by gravity and would that cause any frequency variations. Thus my questions is the effect of gravity on time an insight to possible travel or displacement  based upon the interaction of mass with gravity using  frequency? just my thinking as I start my learning of Atomic physics. ( I am referencing the claims of South American Shamans claims in the book A separate Reality)

No, relativity needs space and time to be related to account for certain observations.
General Relaivity needs them to 'curve' to account for gravity.
Atomic clocks, because of their accuracy, were used to verify specific predctions of the theory ( time dilation ).

Good luck on your quest to learn atomic Physics.
Feel free to ask questions you encounter in your studies.

Edited by MigL

1 hour ago, cyborgjrf said:

Was the theory used to develop that time is effected by gravity were they based upon the use of an atomic clock?

No, general relativity predates atomic clocks by ~40 years

If so the electron has mass and thus it is effected by gravity and would that cause any frequency variations.

This being physics, one would need to quantify this by using a mathematical model.

Gravity would affect the nucleus, too.

1 hour ago, cyborgjrf said:

Was the theory used to develop that time is effected by gravity were they based upon the use of an atomic clock? If so the electron has mass and thus it is effected by gravity and would that cause any frequency variations. Thus my questions is the effect of gravity on time an insight to possible travel or displacement  based upon the interaction of mass with gravity using  frequency? just my thinking as I start my learning of Atomic physics. ( I am referencing the claims of South American Shamans claims in the book A separate Reality)

When we say that gravity has an effect on time, it is important to understand, that is a difference in gravitational potential that is important and not any difference in local gravity strength.  A clock at the top a mountain runs faster than one at sea level because it is higher in the gravity well of the Earth, not because gravity is a bit weaker there.

If fact, if gravity didn't decrease with altitude, and remained the same at the mountain top as at sea level, not only would the mountain clock still run faster, but the difference between its tick rate and the sea level clock would be even larger. This is despite the fact that both clocks would experience exactly the same magnitude of gravity.