Thanks for the graphic!

Peterkin

You know how something you think, hear, read, notice, smell or taste can conjure up a picture in your mind? it happens all the time and it's nearly always a fleeting, trivial image that you forget right away.

But once in a while, something triggers a really powerful response. You get a clear, bright, significant picture that's worth storing in long-term memory.  That you either want to look at, again and again, like a photo album, or else that pops up, uninvited, in association with new input. Some of these graphic images are horrific, but you can't turn them off. Some, on the other hand, are pleasant, useful or amusing. Like Doctor Who's wibbly wobbly timey wimey thing.

I have several graphics that give me at least a smile whenever something evokes them. I'd like to take this opportunity to express gratitude. I invite you to do likewise, for your own good images. 

Thank you, William Gibson, for the picture I superimpose every time I see one of those big ugly container ships that I got in the novel Spook Country. {Spoiler: they killed the money}