Democratic, Republican confidence in science diverges

TheVat

On 7/16/2021 at 8:13 PM, TheVat said:

I wonder if that 45% ticks upwards when their child needs medicine. 

No. They take it to the hospital, demand that that their insurer pay for the operation and if the surgeon saves their child's life, give thanks to God and/or Trump for its miraculous recovery. The Republikan mind-set is firmly based in doublethink - and they're becoming quite fluent in newspeak.  

11 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

No. They take it to the hospital, demand that that their insurer pay for the operation and if the surgeon saves their child's life, give thanks to God and/or Trump for its miraculous recovery. The Republikan mind-set is firmly based in doublethink - and they're becoming quite fluent in newspeak.  

Funny how 1984 is now the past.

This new learning amazes me. Explain again how sheep's bladders can be employed to prevent earthquakes.

Anyway, here’s the punchline from the article (note: it’s OK, and in fact preferred, to include a relevant excerpt from a link)

172881D2-EF80-4227-80A5-290F6B07DDA7.png

I wonder how many were thinking "scientists" when they responded to their confidence in "science", or how the question was posed?

That said, I have no doubt about the trend.

1 hour ago, swansont said:

Anyway, here’s the punchline from the article (note: it’s OK, and in fact preferred, to include a relevant excerpt from a link)

+1 Swansont. No one is accusing you of cherry picking...

Edited by J.C.MacSwell

On 7/17/2021 at 10:13 AM, TheVat said:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/352397/democratic-republican-confidence-science-diverges.aspx

I wonder if that 45% ticks upwards when their child needs medicine. 

Absolutely! Most people follow long held scientific principles and knowhow everyday of their lives without giving it too much thought....

By the same token, many that are in reality, selfish and self-centered at heart, may see a need to ignore climate change for example, as its effects are generally long term....or the lame brain red necks that chose to ignore the science of social distancing, wearing masks, sanitisation, lockdowns  etc with regards to covid19, because of probable temporary adverse personal affects on their wealth, or comfort zone. 

I'm not specifically speaking of the Dems/Rep American political scene, but people anywhere in general.

Edited by beecee