Birds Aren't Real; Another Denial Movement that's Cuckoo

joigus

7 minutes ago, joigus said:

What's next?

Anything which distracts people from focusing on real issues or standing up against tyrants by causing us to spin around the axle battling back untruths like these being repeated by bad actors and other badly confused individuals 

I'm starting to think (as I learn more about it) it might just be a business idea that's somehow envisioned a pool of possible target customers in both idiotic conspiracy nuts and educated, if sarcastic, anti-conspiracy fellows alike. At this point, I just don't know.

33 minutes ago, iNow said:

Anything which distracts people from focusing on real issues or standing up against tyrants by causing us to spin around the axle battling back untruths like these being repeated by bad actors and other badly confused individuals 

I strive to understand how much of these snowballing processes is intentional, and how much is just serendipity on the part of the person setting the merchandising business in motion. There is no doubt the potential (intentional or not) to manipulate people's minds for political reasons. But the business element is undeniable.

@joigus

...you're helping them to promote whatever they wanted to do, by providing link to their website...

Google search engine will visit scienceforums.net, download your post, analyze and see link to the website, and increase their score..

9 minutes ago, Sensei said:

@joigus

...you're helping them to promote whatever they wanted to do, by providing link to their website...

Google search engine will visit scienceforums.net, download your post, analyze and see link to the website, and increase their score..

It's audubon.org, @Sensei. Nevertheless, I see your point. I can't edit my post now. If admins think it'd better be deleted, it's OK with me.

3 minutes ago, swansont said:

If birds are imaginary you need to rotate them 90º

🤣 I shudder to think of negative birds, if they don't pick the proper phase!

Alfred Hitchcock gave us a preview of what that would be like.

1 minute ago, joigus said:

It's audubon.org, @Sensei. Nevertheless, I see your point. I can't edit my post now. If admins think it'd better be deleted, it's OK with me.

No, we won't be doing that. It would anger the Audubon society, and they would instigate Operation Hitchcock, with me playing Tippi Hedren's role. (again. I was dive-bombed by a B1rd some years ago)

Just now, Endy0816 said:

It's crazy how people would believe that such majestic creatures as these aren't real.

spy-in-the-wild-01-006.jpg.58e3c2d69114254056ece1fff6b8ac60.jpg

Spy_In_The_Wild_02_012-scaled-1-610x314.jpg.f0466835f89f7e209dece0622bd990ae.jpg

DS8Q4sVXkAMsBV5.jpg.8142d6b4b79af87e83553051be48693b.jpg

Er, it's a spoof. And quite a funny one. I love the idea of getting JFK's assassination involved.  

4 minutes ago, Endy0816 said:

Take a second look at the 'birds' ;)

The hummingbird really gave it away!

12 minutes ago, exchemist said:

Er, it's a spoof. And quite a funny one. I love the idea of getting JFK's assassination involved.  

I wouldn't say a touch of genius, but definitely a clever one.

1 hour ago, Endy0816 said:

Take a second look at the 'birds' ;)

Heh heh, I admit you had me going there, with these excellent (CIA?) robots.

But where is the Turkey X 500?

Edited by exchemist

7 hours ago, exchemist said:

Heh heh, I admit you had me going there, with these excellent (CIA?) robots.

But where is the Turkey X 500?

lol, yeah, they're super realistic. They're from the Spy in the Wild series.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDRZWhedLhwllnac-RBxvyw

They're pretty fun to watch, though nobody has been worried about spying on a turkey... yet...