Why life is abundant in the universe ..and we are just too stupid to see it

Life exsits because it exsits here .. it's not special so it must happen every other week in the universe  ..there is that many blinking planets out there it just must exsit by maths and science to think it can not exsit is not worthy of question  or reason..they would not have made close encounters of the third kind if there was not  something to it ...are they suggesting Spielberg is daft ...?

12 minutes ago, Andrew William Henderson said:

Life exsits because it exsits here .. it's not special so it must happen every other week in the universe  ..there is that many blinking planets out there it just must exsit by maths and science to think it can not exsit is not worthy of question  or reason..they would not have made close encounters of the third kind if there was not  something to it ...are they suggesting Spielberg is daft ...?

It's spelt "exist". 

26 minutes ago, Andrew William Henderson said:

Life exsits because it exsits here .. it's not special so it must happen every other week in the universe.

What do you mean "special" and what is it that must "happen" every week?

6 minutes ago, Andrew William Henderson said:

You knew what it ment or you wouldnt have noted the spelling mistake rather than the irony of the post ....I shall watch you're spelling like a hawk if you can produce a few words or an idea ..

It's spelt "meant", and "your".

The sarcasm (not really irony) of your post was very obvious, but as it raised no serious point of discussion I thought I might as well correct your spelling. 

4 minutes ago, exchemist said:

It's spelt "meant", and "your".

The sarcasm (not really irony) of your post was very obvious, but as it raised no serious point of discussion I thought I might as well correct your spelling. 

The subject has raised more  interest and questions  than any of your posts..why the hostility is because it's your not idea ....attacking my ability to spell would be as rude and uncalled for as your ugliness would be relevant to mention  to any of your ideas..if you're  uninterested why comment at all ..I thought this  was a forum of  scientific debate 

20 minutes ago, Holmes said:

What do you mean "special" and what is it that must "happen" every week?

It's just not special enough to not  happen twice ...it seems   ..life just must happen all the time ...there must be a must if it is to happen twice !

1 hour ago, Andrew William Henderson said:

it's not special so it must happen every other week in the universe

It is not special, so sometimes it gets wiped out the week after it 'emerges'.

But that is not the reason it continuosly 'emerges'. ...

"Ian Malcolm: If there's one thing the history of evolution has taught us, it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories, and crashes through barriers painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh, well, there it is. ...
Ian Malcolm: 
Life will find a way."

and I promise, that is the very last time I will ever quote Jeff Goldbloom.

12 minutes ago, MigL said:

It is not special, so sometimes it gets wiped out the week after it 'emerges'.

But that is not the reason it continuosly 'emerges'. ...

"Ian Malcolm: If there's one thing the history of evolution has taught us, it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories, and crashes through barriers painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh, well, there it is. ...
Ian Malcolm: 
Life will find a way."

and I promise, that is the very last time I will ever quote Jeff Goldbloom.

Life exists on earth but that's all we have experimentally verified, until we find an example of life not on Earth we must - if we are being scientific - retain an open mind and consider the possibility that life may be special, may only exist here.

51 minutes ago, Andrew William Henderson said:

The subject has raised more  interest and questions  than any of your posts..why the hostility is because it's your not idea ....attacking my ability to spell would be as rude and uncalled for as your ugliness would be relevant to mention  to any of your ideas..if you're  uninterested why comment at all ..I thought this  was a forum of  scientific debate 

And your petulant sarcasm, in response to getting your previous wrong idea rejected here, is not hostility?

Look, if you want to make a serious point, and are willing to respond constructively to the responses you get, people like me will be more than happy to take you seriously, whether you can spell or not.

But you have yet to show any sign of being able to do that  - and by your own admission this thread was not started in that spirit. If you take the p***, you must expect that others will do so too.

Edited by exchemist