Is window 11 is safe to use?

kashif

That will probably have more teething problems than the usual major update. I myself will wait at least six months for issues  to be fixed and consolidated in the first major update for windows 11. Curiosity wins sometimes though...  :)

I've seen a few YouTube videos discussing its release.  It seems that the PC requirements for installing it are quite stringent.  Only pretty recent CPUs are compatible. (Microsoft has release an "approved CPU" list).   MS had also put out a "Health Checker" do you could see if your PC was up to the task, But the backlash from it telling so many people that their PC couldn't run Windows 11 caused them to pull it.

Out of curiosity, I checked my CPU against the approved list, and it was on it (my PC is less than a year old), But like @StringJunky, I'll think I'll wait and see.

I agree with the others here, avoid the update unless you have a definitive reason, a major release like this will incur a learning curve here and there and will almost certainly have at least minor annoyances.

3 hours ago, Janus said:

Out of curiosity, I checked my CPU against the approved list, and it was on it (my PC is less than a year old), But like @StringJunky, I'll think I'll wait and see.

None of my CPUs is on the CPU list released by Microsoft ;)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors

(if somebody does not know how to check, Start > dxdiag)

The restricted CPU support appears to be due to a thing called TPM 2.0, if the CPU does not support that or work with that, then I think MS want to avoid or discourage use of Windows 11.

But MS are all over the place, the company keeps messing up stuff like never before, like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing or they've started hiring more dorks.

9 minutes ago, Holmes said:

The restricted CPU support appears to be due to a thing called TPM 2.0, if the CPU does not support that or work with that, then I think MS want to avoid or discourage use of Windows 11.

But MS are all over the place, the company keeps messing up stuff like never before, like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing or they've started hiring more dorks.

Your mention of TPM 2.0 lead me to query it and found this solution if you don't want to upgrade hardware. Goes into the whys and wherefores of this upgrade too. 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/how-to-bypass-the-windows-11-tpm-20-requirement/

As the memory and storage requirements are not excessive, I don't think the rquirements are based on the processing ability of newer processors, as that seems to have stalled, for intel at least, since about the Haswell architecture, 5 years ago.
( stopped the tic-tock strategy and can't seem to migrate to smaller scales, while AMD uses TSMC for fabbing )
The requrements seem to be driven by the presence of the Trusted Platfom Module and the presence of 'secure boot' in the BIOS/UEFI, and is an effort to combat ransomware, which seems to be a growing problem.

If Microsoft goes ahead with this, it will benefit business users, but alienate all those home users who switched to Win 10, as they'll need to update their machines.
So, mostly because MS can't be bothered to fix the problem in their software, they expect the general population to expend money upgrading what are essentially internet browsers, to the latest bells and whistles that Intel and AMD will glaldy provide.
Once the complaints start, I see MS backing off, as they will not support two differing systems ( again ), and possibly do the hard work of introducing encryption in software, possibly even as a user toggled add-on, which can be 'switched off' f it impacts system performance too much.

The problems all started when Bill started bringing strippers home to his pool, while Melinda was sleeping ...
( just joking, let the poor ( actually filthy rich ) guy have some fun 😁 )