question movement

gamer87

I store my DVD discs inside the black dvd box in vertical position and inside the cardboard box, also inside the cardboard box next to the dvdbox I have a bag with papers and screwdrivers, on top of the cardboard box I have another one cardboard box with dvd casebox, the cardboard boxes are on top of a clothes closet and if I open the clothes closet door it shakes will this balance damage the DVD discs?

4 hours ago, gamer87 said:

I store my DVD discs inside the black dvd box in vertical position

Vertical?! You should just throw them away now and save yourself the time. Aren't you worried about increasing the ovality of your discs?

4 hours ago, gamer87 said:

also inside the cardboard box next to the dvdbox I have a bag with papers and screwdrivers, 

Your DVDs are fine, but your papers are going to get torn up by those screwdrivers every time you open the closet. I just hope those papers aren't the warranties for the screwdrivers.

2 hours ago, gamer87 said:

they are inside this dvdbox but i have doubts if it protects in the face of the situation i mentioned

Do you mean, doubts it will continue to protect them as perfectly as it has so far, or do you mean doubts that the situation you mentioned will continue to leave them unaffected? I'm assuming they're OK now, right?

• Phi for All changed the title to question movement

You better archivally store your dvd players as well because in a decade, probably, they will start to take a back seat to streaming films. It'll go the way of my thousands of pounds of chemical photography gear that lives in my attic.

Edited by StringJunky

21 hours ago, gamer87 said:

I store my DVD discs inside the black dvd box in vertical position and inside the cardboard box, also inside the cardboard box next to the dvdbox I have a bag with papers and screwdrivers, on top of the cardboard box I have another one cardboard box with dvd casebox, the cardboard boxes are on top of a clothes closet and if I open the clothes closet door it shakes will this balance damage the DVD discs?

What is so important about a movie you've already seen?

23 hours ago, gamer87 said:

they are inside this dvdbox but i have doubts if it protects in the face of the situation i mentioned

Most people are just fine with such cases. Is there some rash of incidents of CD/DVD damage being reported?

On 7/4/2021 at 12:13 PM, gamer87 said:

For my case and situation what happened and the result?

You need to watch each of those movies again, start to finish (with all the bonus features), then come back and tell us if movement has caused them to malfunction. Gather evidence, please.

7 hours ago, gamer87 said:

is inertia damage?

It's not at all clear what you mean by this.

Inertia is the quality of mass that means it resists acceleration. e.g. Moving things don't want to stop moving. Non-moving things don't want to start moving.

On your original question: think about how fast your disks spin inside your DVD player. Many times a second. Compared to that, no, a little jiggle of the box they are in won't do any damage.

But further, adding this thread to your previous one - it seems to me you are a bit obsessive about potential damage to your DVDs. I am not qualified to give medical advice, but, I think maybe you should go get some advice from someone who is (a mental health professional).

Assuming you are not simply trolling.

Edited by pzkpfw

The closet shakes when I open its door consequently the cardboard box also shakes what happens inside the cardboard box? inside there are screwdrivers papers, dvdbox discs which reason does not cause damage to dvd disks?

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

He needs to put his DVD's in an opaque, gas-tight box, full of inert gas, suspended from the ceiling of a cryogenic freezer with elasticated string.

51 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

He needs to put his DVD's in an opaque, gas-tight box, full of inert gas, suspended from the ceiling of a cryogenic freezer with elasticated string.

And just to be safe, he should get inside the box himself so that he can properly monitor the situation.