Does the time exist?

Heis3nberg

22 hours ago, iNow said:

Remains the same relative to what/whom? Your point isn’t badly explained. It’s wrong. 

I have no problem in believing that.

But in the twin analog, when twin A reaches the age of twin B, they would have the same number of heart beats, doesn't that mean the tick frequency is the same, but that the ticks of twin B were stretched when compaired to twin A?

Edit, or possibly the other way round...

Edited by dimreepr

10 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

But in the twin analog, when twin A reaches the age of twin B, they would have the same number of heart beats, doesn't that mean the tick frequency is the same, but that the ticks of twin B were stretched when compaired to twin A?

In which frame of reference?

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

Edit, or possibly the other way round...

The twins are the same age at the start of the scenario. One is younger at the conclusion of the experiment. They never “reach” the age of the other.

1 minute ago, swansont said:

The twins are the same age at the start of the scenario. One is younger at the conclusion of the experiment. They never “reach” the age of the other.

That seems like a technicality. 

25 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

That seems like a technicality. 

All of physics is a technicality. If you’re going to use a scenario, you need to represent it properly, so that everyone is discussing the same thing.

I believe Dim is referring to proper time, tau, ( not co-ordinate time ) which ticks by at exactly one second per second, in everyone's own frame.
If so, he is correct.

22 hours ago, swansont said:

If you’re going to use a scenario, you need to represent it properly, so that everyone is discussing the same thing.

The problem with that is, I only speak your language at a remedial level, therefore my imagination is impossible to describe.

20 hours ago, MigL said:

I believe Dim is referring to proper time, tau, ( not co-ordinate time ) which ticks by at exactly one second per second, in everyone's own frame.
If so, he is correct.

I didn't know I was, but that was what I had in mind.