Why would housewives get sleep disorders?

WARNING: Vulgar language in above video.

According to the (otherwise loosely) based on a true story movie Wolf Of Wall Street, quaaludes were invented as a sedative for housewives with sleep disorders. I don't doubt that there's a lot of work to being a house-spouse, but of all the things they had to worry about, I would think sleeping at the right time would be the least of their worries; people with scheduled jobs need to sleep certain hours so they can work other hours, but wouldn't a house-spouse's schedule be flexible enough that one wouldn't need to do as many tasks at specific times of day so long as they get done later in the day (or night if need be)?

I don't mean to be insensitive here; I'm guessing there are at least a few house-spouses out there who do have sleep disorders for reasons I've failed to account for; just a little curious why the one walk of life you'd think had among the fewest reasons for sleep disorders would be the one for whom a specific sedative would be invented.

2 hours ago, ScienceNostalgia101 said:

I don't mean to be insensitive here

Well, you failed spectacularly.

Why wouldn't "housewives" have sleep disorders? Thinking that "worry" is the only cause is rather simplistic. Perhaps investigating causes of sleep disorders would have been a better approach.

I don't think this is exactly a scientific review of the issue, but it does offer some explanations.

What a drag it is getting old
"Kids are different today, " I hear every mother say
Mother needs something today to calm her down
And though she's not really ill, there's a little yellow pill
She goes running for the shelter of her mother's little helper
And it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day
"Things are different today, " I hear every mother say
Cooking fresh food for her husband's just a drag
So she buys an instant cake, and she burns a frozen steak
And goes running for the shelter of her mother's little helper
And two help her on her way, get her through her busy day
Doctor, please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more
"Men just aren't the same today, " I hear every mother say
They just don't appreciate that you get tired
They're so hard to satisfy, you can tranquilize your mind
So go running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And four help you through the night, help to minimize your plight
Doctor, please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more
"Life's just much too hard today, " I hear every mother say
The pursuit of happiness just seems a bore
And if you take more of those, you will get an overdose
No more running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
They just helped you on your way, through your busy dying day
Hey

5 hours ago, ScienceNostalgia101 said:

I don't doubt that there's a lot of work to being a house-spouse, but of all the things they had to worry about, I would think sleeping at the right time would be the least of their worries;

What you're being incredibly insensitive and obtuse about is that even the least worries on a literal MOUNTAIN of worries are significant. It's the most ill-defined job there is, yet the person who "keeps house" is expected to do everything the wage-earner doesn't have time for (which is often equally ill-defined). 

Personally, I find it repugnant that anyone would judge the worthiness of anyone else wrt health/mental health problems. How dismissive and privileged to think that sleep disorders require more of a professional schedule than a housewife can muster!

6 hours ago, ScienceNostalgia101 said:

but wouldn't a house-spouse's schedule be flexible enough that one wouldn't need to do as many tasks at specific times of day so long as they get done later in the day (or night if need be)?

Hmm, let's see.

I guess my daughter-in-law could put off changing that diaper till tonight but my grand-daughter is not going to be too happy.

She can also drop off the older child at school at noon instead of 7:30 am.

And even though the infant wants to get fed three times during the night and wakes up for the day at around 5:30 am, my DIL can just keep hitting snooze because she is tired.

Your ability to be obtuse knows no bounds.