Transient Noise Simulator & etc...

JS

anyone could tell me how it is and how it work (a transiente noise simulator)?

(no too much specific)

what is a incidence matrix in a network?

(i only need to know the "technical" definitions)

Transient noise is random noise. In an electronic circuit (say an audio circuit) random noise is generated by random events taking place within the components (resistors, capacitors etc.) Each component adds 'noise' the the steady-state or idle condition of the circuit. This creates a 'noise-floor', or a background noise which sets a limit to how small a signal can be distinguished, preserved, transported or amplified by the circuit.

A Transient Noise Simulator can be any circuit or device which generates random noise in copious quantities for the purpose of testing or simulating a random noise source. This allows one to test other circuits or gear in a variety of conditions. The field is quite wide and there can be many different types of simulators for many different electrical, acoustic, and mechanical or informational purposes.

Special Simulators usually have a chosen range (for instance frequency range) in which they generate a known amount of voltage or power at every frequency, usually 'flat'. This means that a comparable amount of random noise is generated at all times and at all frequencies of interest.

By placing raw generators through 'filters' such as frequency sensitive amplifiers, various special spectrums can be created. For instance, in audio applications, 'White Noise' and 'Pink Noise' generators are used to set frequency response characteristics in P.A. systems to control unwanted feedback, and in musical synthesizers to creat realistic musical instrument sounds by applying time/amplitude envelopes to the raw noises.

As opposed to 'steady state' which refers to a circuit or device at rest or in equilibrium, 'transient' can refer to temporary effects that happen when a circuit or device is switched on or off. In this case, noises, like 'clicks', or fuzzy static sounds occur as voltages and currents rush to find a new equilibrium or balance.

An 'incidence matrix in a network' is to vague an expression for me to tell what you are talking about. Can you be more specific about the application?

the application is about circuit and the incidence matrix seems to have information about capacitances, resistances and inductances...

the work i have to do is about stochastic equations in a mathematical model of a network , i have to study the math point of view (is in a math course and i study math)... but the problem is refered to circuits and networks and i don't know too much about that... but is important to understand the problem formulation, and what means the equations...

the entire problem is in a .ps file... (in google) "Stochastic DAEs in Transient Noise Simulator"... but my problem is only related to the problem formulation...